• Show
Clear All
  • SpeedKilz
    • Dec 2009

Anyone familiar with this throwback?

Born 1902

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Kool, I can see why they now use boards. Haha!
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

The first one (Victor) was one of many attempts at a "noiseless" striking bag setup. I haven't seen one in person, this is about the third one I've seen on ebay however. The second one is a rebound ring which is fairly common. It appears that it's made from a piece of "U" channel heavy gauge sheet metal, making it one of the less expensive ones, compared to say a NonPeril which was made from steel bar stock and had a rubber sleeve on it.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
        • Dec 2009

Have you ever come across a speed bag setup that has stumped you? You have great knowledge when it comes to the history of speed bagging.

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

That 1st one intrigues me, the bag travels way past the 180 degree mark. You could have a cupa tea in between punches, just like Dorris did
          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
            Actually, I have that same Victor Platform. Bought it online a little over a year ago. Haven't taken it out of the box yet, 'cause my wife say's we have enough speed bag units up in the house and I don't really know what else to do with it.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Actually, I have that same Victor Platform. Bought it online a little over a year ago. Haven't taken it out of the box yet, 'cause my wife say's we have enough speed bag units up in the house and I don't really know what else to do with it.
              Good purchase. Does yours have the original swivel? Is it a ball hook?

Also, the one currently on eBay looks as though the place where the swivel attaches has been replaced with a somewhat crude piece of wood. What does yours have mounted there? Is it also wood? Is it round?

I wonder how this performs as a speed bag rig? Did Victor build a better mousetrap? (And was this made by the mousetrap company of the same name?) Enquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
                Have you ever come across a speed bag setup that has stumped you? You have great knowledge when it comes to the history of speed bagging.
                Yes it has happened, and probably will again. When it does, you dig further until you find the answer. That's how the mysterious "NMCo. logo a while back on an old school pro platform was deciphered.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...