• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pegasos
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    It is not as easy as it looks.
    true...especially if you want it to have the possibility for alternative heights.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag on wall

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
      well im guess you have already seen the speed bag skunk with the ball mounted on the wall. a good way to hit the bag if you dont have a platform but most all my platforms i made myself and just go to lowes and you will find all the things you need for less than 30 bucks to make you a great platform. I would get good at hitting it normal before mounting it on the wall. Hope this info helps
      I agree that it would be better to focus on "standard" speed bagging rather than the unique method of wall punching. It's cool and is a part of speed bag history and lore, but not something a beginner needs to worry about.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Pegasos
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I agree that it would be better to focus on "standard" speed bagging rather than the unique method of wall punching. It's cool and is a part of speed bag history and lore, but not something a beginner needs to worry about.

I agree with you but beginner or not, thats what i m starting with personally, i guess its better than nothing. The old lady upstairs came down cause she thought thiefs were trying to breach my kitchen wall or something, the first day i started, she said the wall was tremblin!

Comment

• Pegasos
          • Feb 2007

I may have my own bought platform in a month though, if i find some deal online, where shipping to me does NOT cost AS MUCH as the product itself! lol
          Last edited by Pegasos; 02-19-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speed bag

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
            I may have my own bought platform in a month though, if i find some deal online, where shipping to me does NOT cost AS MUCH as the product itself! lol
            Are there high import taxes to Greece?
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Pegasos
              • Feb 2007

Damn right there are! Especially for non EU countries like the US. Thats why i m searching for a Europe based online shop and i found a very good board but the shipping charge dissapointed me, i m still waiting for some replies from other Europe based shops for their own shipping charges on some other boards i ve checked out, if it is the same, then i m gonna make my own... i ll go today to find some appropriate iron and wood parts. And of course you could wonder why dont i look for shops here in my home city, i found only one and i am living in the second largest city of the country, and he sells at outrageous prices. For example, a decent swivel on his catalog is about 35 euros! While from abroad(online) i ve seen it at half, even A THIRD of this price!!! Well its the law of the market i guess, the most rare the item the highest its price goes, but noway i m buying from this thief! What am i paying my internet line for then lol?

Ehm, untill i sort this out, any particular "wall techniques" you re aware of guys?
              Last edited by Pegasos; 02-20-2007, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Pegasos
                • Feb 2007

A question, please respond:

the swivel seen in the photo

Is it the kind that opens to adjust the speedbag, OR is it closed, suitable only for heavy bag chains?

Comment

• BillyMack
                  • Sep 2006

That swivel definitely opens up, you have to remove the bottom rivet; it is very similar to a bicycle's chain...

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Yeah, that's a bad photo. If you look at either side of the chain link, you can see the one on the far side has a little plate that slides off to allow you to open up the chain link as Billymack said, it's just like a master link on a bicycle chain.

Comment

• Pegasos
                      • Feb 2007

Alright, i decided to make my own board instead on paying the equivalent of about 150 dollars to have one sent from abroad bought online.

Here is the stuff i bought:

These two (possibly) aluminium things that are mainly used to put thing on the wall like shelves, about 5 dollars (the shop owner insisted that each one of them can hold up to 80 kilos by itself!)

this piece of wood i found outside a furniture store, it was in their garbage
                      about ..0 dollars..

The appropriate screws and wall adapting thingies
                      about 1 dollar

And here is the result

Total Price: 6 dollars + 6 hours of work hahaha

I m kinda proud of it, because i made it out of no experience, it took me about 6 hours though since i know absolutely nothing about woodworking and such and i knew nothing about speedbags a week ago. Sure its kinda primitive but i dont care and i REALLY dont care if its not round! I m buying a new small speedbag though sometime soon..oh i m also expecting some quality swivels i ordered to arrive any day.... this doesnt even have a swivel just a normal screw thing! I made it as tight as humanely possible but still, it trembles a bit..

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speed bag home made

I like your ingenuity. I would imagine the thin metal brackets and thin wood board will vibrate (tremble) a bit, but it's better than no bag. Great job.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Mar 2006

Great job! I don't know how much those shelf brackets can support, but if you can put a little weight on top of the board it will minimize the vibration. We normally recommend sandbags for the top of the drums but I'm not sure just how much that thing can support. If it can take even 10 pounds I'm sure that would make a huge difference for you.

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
                            I m kinda proud of it, because i made it out of no experience, it took me about 6 hours though since i know absolutely nothing about woodworking and such and i knew nothing about speedbags a week ago.
                            Looks good! I added your post to the home made list here:

Tips and tricks for mounting your speed bag platform. Ideas, information, and examples of home made or customized platforms

Comment

• jaguiler
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2007

the glow in the dark stars are a nice touch !

hey I see a Camel Trophy sticker in the back !! are you a Land Rover guy ?

your mount is good - it may help if you find more wood to thicken up the board and possibly make it so the bolts do not hit the bag - or the bag does not hit the bolts on the rebound. it will damage the bag leather.

looks great !! agreed on the weight - those brackets should be able to hold a good amount - I bet they would hold about 60lbs to 80 lbs if they were placed right side up - but for your purpose it should be fine.

Comment

• Pegasos
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post

hey I see a Camel Trophy sticker in the back !! are you a Land Rover guy ?

I d like to be i guess, but i dont even own a car i m afraid!

Let me ask you something, what kind of wood would be the best to use for being against a speedbag? I mean, making the least noise and most importantly having a good rebound and the least possible vibration? And what thickness should it have? Any ideas? cause i m thinking of changing the wood..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...