Silly question (that I should know the answer to)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Silly question (that I should know the answer to)

Ok, my setup should be as steady as placid waters. But even with and extra drum glued to it, 30lbs sand bag on top, I'm still getting vibration. I was planning on moving the whole thing to one of the side walls in the garage and putting three lenghts of 2x4(one at the top, in the middle and at the bottom) between the setup and the wall for extra support (as well as act as some sort of buffer) Is my thinking on track with this? i'm just trying to get it as solid as possible. I'm sure this has been discussed before.
    sigpic
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Have you tried more weight?

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      Ok, my setup should be as steady as placid waters. But even with and extra drum glued to it, 30lbs sand bag on top, I'm still getting vibration. I was planning on moving the whole thing to one of the side walls in the garage and putting three lenghts of 2x4(one at the top, in the middle and at the bottom) between the setup and the wall for extra support (as well as act as some sort of buffer) Is my thinking on track with this? i'm just trying to get it as solid as possible. I'm sure this has been discussed before.
      It's not possible to stop 100% of the vibration, keep that in mind. I would say more weight and make sure the screws haven't loosened (but don't overtighten them either). A ceiling mount is probably the most stable type of platform I've seen

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I think Tim is correct. It is virtually impossible to get all the vibration out of any wall unit hung on a wall.

And this really wasn't too stupid of a question. Maybe a 4 on a scale of 1-10?

(just kidding. it was only a two )
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PIEFURZ
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I'm not sure but I think the vibration has something to do with you hitting the bag. Have you tried not hitting it so much? LMAO. I wish I was into baggin when I was a kid. We had a square concrete culvert under the road to our house that was about 6" high. Would have been solid as a rock to hang a bag from and there were some cows around to keep the rhythm.
          Last edited by PIEFURZ; 09-29-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I think Tim is correct. It is virtually impossible to get all the vibration out of any wall unit hung on a wall.

And this really wasn't too stupid of a question. Maybe a 4 on a scale of 1-10?

(just kidding. it was only a two )
            Thanks Alan! I knew I could COUNT on you for support!

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
            I'm not sure but I think the vibration has something to do with you hitting the bag. Have you tried not hitting it so much? LMAO.
            Well, those underdog super energy pills I started taking have been doing the trick I guess!
            sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...