• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Bag weight

I remember seeing on a previous post the different weight of bags on here. Promex was not listed. I happen to have a gram scale and weighed my promex 8x5. Its dead on 6oz. So just puttin that out there.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
    I remember seeing on a previous post the different weight of bags on here. Promex was not listed. I happen to have a gram scale and weighed my promex 8x5. Its dead on 6oz. So just puttin that out there.
    Cool! 6oz is a good weight, not too heavy, not too light. The lightest bag I've seen is right around 4 oz. That 2oz makes a noticeable difference in the feel of the bag.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      ...The lightest bag I've seen is right around 4 oz. That 2oz makes a noticeable difference in the feel of the bag.
      It sure doesn't take much weight change to make a felt difference. I just got back from the post office -- used their balance beam scale, rounded to the nearest 1/4oz:

Everlast Kangaroo 8x5 - 5.25oz
      Title Classic 8x5 - 5.75oz
      Title 8x5 - 6.25oz
      Everlast 6x4 - 6.75oz

The feel of the Title 8x5 and the Everlast 6x4 are very different, yet only 1/2oz separates them.

A gram scale would have been better, the postal scale is set up for 1/2 oz divisions, too broad a range even when split in half, as I did.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        It sure doesn't take much weight change to make a felt difference. I just got back from the post office -- used their balance beam scale, rounded to the nearest 1/4oz:

Title 8x5 - 6.25oz
        Everlast 6x4 - 6.75oz

The feel of the Title 8x5 and the Everlast 6x4 are very different, yet only 1/2oz separates them.

A gram scale would have been better, the postal scale is set up for 1/2 oz divisions, too broad a range even when split in half, as I did.
        I think the secret is in the bag shape and weight distribution. Some bags feel bottom heavy and some are top heavy.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Haha. Did you get any strange looks? I have a food scale that I use. Probably not as accurate as the PO though

Title 8x5 - 6.25oz
          Everlast 6x4 - 6.75oz
          The feel of the Title 8x5 and the Everlast 6x4 are very different, yet only 1/2oz separates them.[/quote]

A 1 oz difference is quite noticeable, isn't it. The Black and gold everlast is very heavy for it's size.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Haha. Did you get any strange looks?
            I went in the post office early before anything but the lobby was open. But you know, carrying a box of little speed bags around with me on the front seat of the car somehow seemed so right. My little love children. Take your speed bags to work day. That kind of feeling.

I better understand Skunk's video with the car crash now. Skunk is Sir Real.

Comment

• jumpcannon
              Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

lol...i took my bag to my friends house a few weeks ago and it was nice! i buckled it in the car seat and sang songs to it while driving. it was a real bonding moment!
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...