Thought y'all would enjoy this, as I did!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Thought y'all would enjoy this, as I did!!!

I just received this letter from a person who befriended me on face book; a face book friend as we've never met....
    I read this and thought it was too cool. She said it was ok to post here after I told her how cool speed baggers are!
    Enjoy...

========================
    Jewellz August 30 at 12:09pm
    Hey Brian: )
    I owe you the BIGGEST THANK YOU EVER!!!: ) : ). You really didn’t even “do” anything, but I feel like I still owe it to you anyway. I’m recovering from hip surgery, and confined to my bed for the most part. I have some of the greatest friends on earth, they try their best to come and visit me when they can, and even give me the occasional live and unplugged show from my bed: ) lol. However, I was still having many moments of extreme boredom and aggravating frustration, until I watched a speed bagging video that you were tagged in. With the help of my brother, a bit of creativity, and a little imagination, we were able to rig a special speed bag platform just for me, right by my bed: ) I honestly don’t know what I would have done, if I hadn’t watched that video you were tagged in. I had no way of venting any of my frustrations, and was running out of ways to distract myself from not only the boredom, but the pain of this recovery as well. So, even though you didn’t really do anything...THANK YOU BRIAN!!!!: ) : ) THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!!: ) ♪♫♪♫¸.•´¯`»✿°*”♪♫☆¨¯`☆♪♫°*”♪♫☆ ☆♪♫

Brian Tichy August 30 at 12:15pm
    Wow!! HOw awesome!!
    You have to send me a picture of that and maybe even post a video... you don't know how much speed baggers love hearing stuff like this!
    Hey, I didn't do anything, you just saw me speed baggin' and took it into your own hands, so to speak...
    Thank your bro and anyone else that helped you achieve this goal....
    It sounds awesome!
    Here's to a Speed Baggy recovery!!!!!
    hahaa
    I would like to post your letter over at www.speedbagforum.com if you would allow that....
    the baggers there will LOVE to read this! Really....go check the forum out... everyone there is too cool!!!!
    Talk soon!
    Briiiiiiii n

==================
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

thats really cool!!! it definetly kills boredom!!!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Great letter!! SSP spreading the word.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Feb 2010

WOW Brian, that's an amazing story!!! We definitely love to hear stuff like that on this forum.
        The power of the bag!!
        Hope your friend makes a good recovery too.

Comment

• Jewellz
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2010

Speed Baggy Recovery : )

LOVIN IT! : ) So glad people are enjoying my letter…that rocks!: )
          It definitely does a GREAT job of getting my mind off of my frustrations and pain…Being able to redirect all of that energy, focus on the bag & turn it into something positive, has been a HUGE help…I love smiling WAY too much to allow a little thing like hip surgery to keep me down: )
          I did a bit of decorating last night: )...painted “Speed Baggy Recovery” on my platform: )
          I’ll be putting some pictures and videos up as soon as I can.
          Brian…You’re AWESOME!

Jewellz
          Last edited by Jewellz; 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jewellz View Post
            It definitely does a GREAT job of getting my mind off of my frustrations and pain…Being able to redirect all of that energy, focus on the bag & turn it into something positive, has been a HUGE help…I love smiling WAY too much to allow a little thing like hip surgery to keep me down: )
            I did a bit of decorating last night: )...painted “Speed Baggy Recovery” on my platform: )
            Brian…You’re AWESOME!

Jewellz
            Hey there, Jewellz! You have come to the BEST MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET. And, you have chosen a great Friend in Brian Tichy. He is truly one enthusiastic, helpful, and positive person – especially here on the forum. But, actually, this can be said for just about everyone here.

With the addition of your speed bag setup, you should have a speedy(bag) recovery from your hip surgery. Welcome!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• juxt
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

great story. props to both of you. it definatly helps when you can keep your mind occupied in these kinds of situations. i remember when i was in the hospital and had a drum machine and headphones to play with.

Comment

• Jewellz
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                Hey there, Jewellz! You have come to the BEST MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET. And, you have chosen a great Friend in Brian Tichy. He is truly one enthusiastic, helpful, and positive person – especially here on the forum. But, actually, this can be said for just about everyone here.

With the addition of your speed bag setup, you should have a speedy(bag) recovery from your hip surgery. Welcome!

Thank you so much for your kind words!: ) I feel so welcome here already, and I always enjoy meeting positive & enthusiastic people: ): )

Comment

• Jewellz
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                  great story. props to both of you. it definatly helps when you can keep your mind occupied in these kinds of situations. i remember when i was in the hospital and had a drum machine and headphones to play with.
                  I just got off the phone with the studio...Drum machine should be here in a few hours: )...Awesome idea! Thank you!: )

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Welcome to the Forum and speed baggering!!

Jewellz,

It's so great that you reached out to Brian and he introduced you to the forum. One cool dude!! such youthful enthusiasm!! A bunch of us met up at Real Gymm in Keyport NJ last June and bagged for three days straight. Your boredom should be over soon, what with reading up on this forum and watching some great speed bag videos here and on you tube. Also check out Speedbagcentral.com (links found on Alan's post). He's pretty much our guru, mentor God and other titles he shies away from. He produced the Speed Bag Bible and DVDs. There are to many great people on this forum to mention, mostly everyone!! Say Hi to Tim the administrator, a great bagger and friend. I'm still discovering new things on this forum. Speedy bag recovery, you've got a great support group here!

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Brian…You’re AWESOME!

Jewellz
                      Welcome to the forum Jewellz! Good luck with the recovery! Seems like the addiction has taken hold so we'll being seeing those pics real soon!

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                      Welcome juxt! I just checked out "1992", "Vision ft Wise-06" and I'm listening to "Sacrafice" as I'm typing. I may be a ttaol metalhead but I do like like good HipHop and Acid Jazz! And my man, your stuff is on point!!! You have any cd's out? If Icould take my desktop to the garage, I would try baggin' to it...."08" is playing now......Smooth!!!Great music brotha!! Looking forward to seeing your baggin' skills as well!
                      sigpic

Comment

• juxt
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

thanks man. check your pm

Comment

• Tim
                          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Thank you so much for your kind words!: ) I feel so welcome here already, and I always enjoy meeting positive & enthusiastic people: ): )
                          Welcome to the forums. If you like the speed bag , you've found the right place.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great post and just goes to show the power of the bag, bringing people together from all over the world.

Welcome to the forum Jewellz!

Last edited by Speedbag; 09-06-2010, 10:20 PM.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2010

Keep on Baggin!

Hey Jewellz, all the best to ya on your road to recovery! Hope the baggin and drummin are keeping your spirits up! Keep us posted on your recovery and speed bag skillz!
                              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...