• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

More converts/ bagverts!!

So, Lynch Mob guitarist/leader George Lynch is sold on the bag!
    He will be putting one up in his house after the tour....

Also, world renowned drummer Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Rod Stewart, Ozzy Osbourne, and many others since the mid 60's) is on tour with us too. He plays drums with Michael Schenker. We both use Ddrum. He loves the bag! I gave him a copy of Alan's Bible and DVD! He is setting one up as soon as he gets off the road! He has a show called SLAM! , kind of like the Blue man group....and he wants to incorporate the bag into his show...
    We will see is he can get his performers to put the time in to really get the bag stuff together for a show.... very cool...
    Ddrum and Evans heads took some vid clips... so soon enough their will be footage of Carmine and I around the bag on tour...with me showin him the basics!
    So,,,, more and more, we are spreading the mightiness of the bag!!!!
    I thought ALan would love to hear this!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    He will be putting one up in his house after the tour....

Also, world renowned drummer Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Rod Stewart, Ozzy Osbourne, and many others since the mid 60's) is on tour with us too. He plays drums with Michael Schenker. We both use Ddrum. He loves the bag! I gave him a copy of Alan's Bible and DVD! He is setting one up as soon as he gets off the road! He has a show called SLAM! , kind of like the Blue man group....and he wants to incorporate the bag into his show...
    We will see is he can get his performers to put the time in to really get the bag stuff together for a show.... very cool...
    Ddrum and Evans heads took some vid clips... so soon enough their will be footage of Carmine and I around the bag on tour...with me showin him the basics!
    So,,,, more and more, we are spreading the mightiness of the bag!!!!
    I thought ALan would love to hear this!
    You bet he does. For the uninformed - Carmine Appice is a Living Legend in Rock Drumming. If he gets serious on bagging he should be punch drumming in no time.

George Lynch is awesome and could soon terrorize the bag also! These guys have rhythm in every square inch of their bodies.

Better get after it, BT! You need to be the first Rockin' Bagger on stage. The storm is coming......
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Joe
      • May 2010

Maybe those guys will do to the bag what Nuge did for the compound bow... Does this mean that we will see a Mr. Scary registering on the forums?
      sigpic

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        Yeah! That's awesome. Great work Brian.

Cool. Sounds like these guys are hip to the bag. Too bad Mick never took to the bag

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

That is Extremely and OverlyCool!(?) Speed baggin' is one of the coolest things to begin with, but when you mix it with someone who appreciates rhythm, it takes on a whole new meaning. I don't think many people even know aout the type of speed baggin' that's goin' on these days. I didn't. Keep spreading the word! "BAG IT UP!"
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

That's awesome BT! Did George give the "melon ball" a go? May be tough on the hands to start out with that one, I think its got some seams that need to be beat down. I'll sketch a design for the Mr. Scary platform to match his guitar. jk... maybe.

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

I would think that such people who have a great sense of beat would also love to use their body as an expression to it that really rocks. Rock is powerful, or at least it should be to me. (Someone should do a rock song, "Rock or get off the pot"). Punching is a powerful expression, so you get power and music expression all in one, so those top drummers should love the expression the bag gives. Spin is a great example to it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...