• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baggin's
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2010

plastic ball hook/e-z pro swivel

I'm new to this forum as of today. I'm 69 years old and I started bagging 21 days ago, and I have accomplished what I think is good progress. At the moment I'm doing Fist Rolls- Linking- Bumps- and Doubles. When I bought my Everlast Drum it came with a Chain Swivel. I wanted to start bagging with a ball Hook, so I wouldn't have to change later. The currant set up is a combination Plastic ball hook/E-Z Title Pro Swivel. I removed the chain and bearing and installed the Everlast ball hook. Yes there is enough clearance without adding any spacers or hollowing out the Drum. The photo's attached show the construction. Ive been following this forum for about 3 weeks now, and I'm pleased with all the knowledge you members provide here.
    Attached Files
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Welcome to the forum, Baggin's. Let us know how the plastic ball in the metal housing works out for you. I have just the opposite and am very happy with it.

I just starting hitting the bag about 2 - 1/2 years ago and I'm pretty much addicted like everyone else. Bag on and keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah, Skunk has a couple of swivs that he's modified (metal housisng/plastic ball). I punched them in Jersey and they seemed just fine. I've got the plastic housing metal ball setup. I like it. Don't know the long term wear of the plastic ball. I'll have to ask Skunk (he puts in some serious hours baggin'), he should know. Good luck!
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Baggin's View Post
        I'm new to this forum as of today. I'm 69 years old and I started bagging 21 days ago, and I have accomplished what I think is good progress. At the moment I'm doing Fist Rolls- Linking- Bumps- and Doubles. When I bought my Everlast Drum it came with a Chain Swivel. I wanted to start bagging with a ball Hook, so I wouldn't have to change later. The currant set up is a combination Plastic ball hook/E-Z Title Pro Swivel. I removed the chain and bearing and installed the Everlast ball hook. Yes there is enough clearance without adding any spacers or hollowing out the Drum. The photo's attached show the construction. Ive been following this forum for about 3 weeks now, and I'm pleased with all the knowledge you members provide here.
        Great post and the pictures are super.

Just a note: IF you have problems with the steel shank coming out of the ball (superglued or not..) you can modify the ball a bit by "sawing of the top edge" or just less than half-way, and using a small washer/nut attachment on the threaded steel shank that goes through the bag. that will lock the steel shank into the ball so it can't pull or screw out.

I have not done this myself, but I saw a plastic ball modified like that at the SpeedBAG 2010 gathering and it hit pretty sweet. I can't remember if it was Skunk's swivel or someone else's.

Welcome to forum, Baggins.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Baggin's
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2010

modified ball hook

Thanks Alan for the tip. I did superglue the eye in. I'll keep a eye on it and at the first sign of a problem I will make your suggested repair.----Baggins

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Baggin's View Post
            I'm new to this forum as of today. I'm 69 years old and I started bagging 21 days ago, and I have accomplished what I think is good progress. A
            Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have questions.

Great swivel mod. I love the inventive spirit around here.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I have not done this myself, but I saw a plastic ball modified like that at the SpeedBAG 2010 gathering and it hit pretty sweet. I can't remember if it was Skunk's swivel or someone else's.
            I'm 99.9% sure that was skunk's swivel.

Comment

• Baggin's
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Aug 2010

e-z pro swivel

This modification is like skunk's swivel. That's where I got the idea. Skunk's swivel was a Everlast $40 swivel (now on sale for $25). This Title swivel when I bought it was $15 and now is on sale for $12.99. I liked the price and it also was adaptable.--- Thanks--Baggins

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...