• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

swivel bearing

All you guys (and girls) who use a U-bolt i have changed the bearing in my Title deluxe pro and it is now so smooth and silent!! i discovered the bearing is the same as a skateboard bearing so i bought a quality bearing and swapped it over WOW what a difference.......and i don't even skate!!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
    All you guys (and girls) who use a U-bolt i have changed the bearing in my Title deluxe pro and it is now so smooth and silent!! i discovered the bearing is the same as a skateboard bearing so i bought a quality bearing and swapped it over WOW what a difference.......and i don't even skate!!
    Interesting. For the non-mechanically inclined, can you take a few pictures of the process, laying the parts out to see how to do it??
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Interesting. For the non-mechanically inclined, can you take a few pictures of the process, laying the parts out to see how to do it??
      OK! Alan will do! it will have to wait a while!! but as soon as i take it down again i will do a full break down of the process

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
        Did the original bearing go bad or was it never good from the start?

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Did the original bearing go bad or was it never good from the start?
          The original didn't fit straight when i got it! but i managed to sort that out and it was OK but had a few places where it used to catch!! but the new bearing is ABEC 9 which i am told is a the tightest tolerances........works for me!!

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

I've been getting the impression that the bearings that are being put into these swivels are seconds. I surmise that the manufacturer can get them dirt cheap, and figures that the typical user can't tell the difference (well. ladies and gents, we're not the typical user).

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              I've been getting the impression that the bearings that are being put into these swivels are seconds. I surmise that the manufacturer can get them dirt cheap, and figures that the typical user can't tell the difference (well. ladies and gents, we're not the typical user).
              I have a $5.00 off the shelf block bearing that I use as a swivel, and there is no play in it, no sticky points, it's totally quiet. Swivels are too often shoddy pieces of crap. Go Fingers!

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Mass produced as cheap as possible!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...