• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyspeed
    • Apr 2010

swivel dimensions

hello
    i am a new member and still have a lot to learn about speed bagging .
    i wanted to ask if anyone can tell me if i decide to purchase a different style swivel if the 4 mounting holes are universal ? and will or should line up with the current holes in my board because i drilled all the way through and bolted it.
    thanks
    jimmyspeed
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jimmyspeed View Post
    hello
    i wanted to ask if anyone can tell me if i decide to purchase a different style swivel if the 4 mounting holes are universal ? and will or should line up with the current holes in my board because i drilled all the way through and bolted it.
    thanks
    Jimmyspeed, welcome to the forum. I had a Title U bolt swivel and changed it for an Everlast ball hook, the holes didn't line up. I drilled a few more to make it fit, but it done it no harm. I think it depends on the manufacturer.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jimmyspeed View Post
      hello
      thanks
      I've not seen two different brands of swivel with holes that line up, there simply is no standardization. You're going to need to drill a second set of holes, it's not the end of the world, I've done that on at least two platforms.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
        • Dec 2009

I had the same issue as UK but swapped an the Everlast swivel that came with the platform with a Title U-Bolt. I know the U-bolt has 3 holes, but I think the Everlast had 4. I used one of the current holes and drilled 2 new ones just so I there were less holes and to make sure i didn't get holes to close together so there wouldn't be any cracking of any sort.

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

I replaced an entire Watkins ball hook swivel with an Everlast plastic ball hook swivel. The holes matched up. No problem.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
            I replaced an entire Watkins ball hook swivel with an Everlast plastic ball hook swivel. The holes matched up. No problem.
            Ditto.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
              Yep

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Ditto.
              And I makes three. I have change tons of swivels over the years and only once have I had to re-drill new holes. Although the swivel parts often do not interchange the holes for hanging seem pretty standard.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jimcaher
                • Feb 2010

I recently encountered a U bolt housing with slightly different hole spacing. I wonder if it's the one sold by Titleboxing.
                Jim

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Jimmy, my platform (everlast adjustable $96/Walmart) came with an everlast U-bolt swivel. I put in a Watkins all metal swivel, the holes were the same. I've since replaced the metal housing of the watkins with a plastic everlast housing (with the watkins metal ball), and the holes were the same on the everlast. I know at least those 3 housings were the same bolt patern. But it looks like some of them vary. If they're different, just
                  space the new pattern and redrill. Good luck.
                  T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• jimmyspeed
                    • Apr 2010

thanks for all your replys.
                    i found that the title swivel housings all have tiny holes which fit the tiny screws they supply you with. i had to reem out the holes to become a 1/4 inch to accept a bolt. in general i dont like the regular ubolt swivel. i have the platinum one now (same deal with the holes) i will have to try that and also i bought a everlast chain link type and will have to try that in the coming days. im going to build a 2nd platform today so i will have 2 in my gym.
                    thanks again.
                    jimmyspeed

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I've switched out a couple Everlast chainlinks with the Watkins, and the holes line up just fine. I assume Watkins made their swivels interchangeable with Everlast.

Comment

• jimmyspeed
                        • Apr 2010

thanks , thats good to know.
                        a watkins was my next choice of swivel
                        jimmyspeed

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...