• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Metal Ball/Hook v.s. Hybrid

Hey fellow baggin' Brohamski's,
    This may have been already covered, however, what (if any) differences
    might there be regarding speed, action, smoothness etc. comparing the "Watkins ball/hook" with an "Everlast plastic housing" and a "metal ball" hybrid swivels?
    Was thinking about switching over. I would imagine it being a bit quieter for sure. Maybe slighty slower????????
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

Plastic housing -MUCH quieter. Hook shorter than Watkins= faster returns with more control.
    Jim

Comment

• operator3
      • Mar 2010

I think a plastic housing, metal ball with a single piece metal hook with some sort of retention device is the ideal set up. Plastic on metal would be the quietest combination. And on singal loop with no moving metal on metal would keep the length as short as possible and not compromising speed. Once we get a few of these balls made, I plan on making a solid hook/loop design and having them made for our project. After that's dialed in, I'll try to find a nice new everlast plastic base to modify a little for our needs. It's a long step by step process, but once were all done we'll be happy

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
        Plastic housing -MUCH quieter. Hook shorter than Watkins= faster returns with more control.
        Jim
        absolutely. I love these hybrids.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          absolutely. I love these hybrids.
          Sounds like a plan, I've got a couple of plastic ball/hook setups and an
          extra ball from my Watkins, I'll give it a go!
          Thanks Fellas.
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• sparrky37
            • Jan 2010

I've made one w/ a carabiner from Lowes. I cut the S hook off and got the stainless steel carabiner to put on it. I like it

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...