Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

The car sounds bad ass!! When the turbo spools and the blow off valve pops off.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey Op! What is the word on the swivs?

Comment

• operator3
        • Mar 2010

Still waiting to get them back from the machinist. It took him a little while to get the materials in. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them that they are done. Should be this week tho. I hate having to wait for other people to do projects for me. Always seems to drag ass unless I'm doing it myself.

Comment

• operator3
          • Mar 2010

Done & Done!

Picked em up yesterday afternoon, put one up and tested it out. Ia very happy with the way they turned out. When I cancelled the reflective coating finish on the original order, I opted for a iron ball and a "smooth" finish. When we got em in, I realized that there was a little bit of a texture on the surface of them. I approved of them knowing that if the texture proved to be an issue, I would do a little home made cordless drill and sand paper lathe action. I ended up trying one of the new textured ones, and it felt very nice. I'm actually thinking that the texture is keeping it from squeaking(which I really love!).

As for the actuall "status", all orders have been shipped! Sorry I don't have any pics, but I really wanted to get these out ASAP. I'm really excited to get these done. The next project is a billet housing like the everlast. I think those will be a bit more expensive to make, but that should be insane!

One of you guys please post pics.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

OP thanks for all your work on this. I'll post up pix as soon as I get mine.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great! Looking forward to getting them!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yeah dude, thanks for getting this done! I hope I'll have mine in time to take to SPEED B.A.G. 2010

We've got lots of plastic swivels (courtesy of Everlast) but METAL is where it's at !!!!!!! (I love the sound).

Comment

• operator3
                  • Mar 2010

If anyone wants to send me an extra plastic everlast base (the newer the better), I'll see what it would take to get a few run off. I think metal base with an iron ball, and a little royal purple synthetic on the ball would be the perfect set up.

Comment

• Biff
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
                    If anyone wants to send me an extra plastic everlast base (the newer the better), I'll see what it would take to get a few run off. I think metal base with an iron ball, and a little royal purple synthetic on the ball would be the perfect set up.
                    Eric, PM me your address. I'll send it right down.

EDIT: Scratch that. I had your address from before. I'll send it down ASAP.

Comment

• operator3
                      • Mar 2010

Awesome dude! As soon as it lands, I'll get a few quotes.

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Yeah dude, thanks for getting this done! I hope I'll have mine in time to take to SPEED B.A.G. 2010
                        I received mine on Saturday. Was so busy (building racks for speed b.a.g. 2010) I didn't get a chance to mount them up. I'm going to use the eye from an Everlast metal and put it in an Everlast plastic base. It will be making the trip to SPEED B.A.G. 2010.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Eric, just got my swiv's today! They're looking really good. They're not your "run of the mill" mass produced, cheap machine work. Looks like some nice craftsmenship.
                          Anyway, I'm anxious to try them out. Let you know how they are.
                          Thanks for doing all the legwork on this project. I know a lot of work went into the design, making it happen (machinist), getting the funds (mailing) etc. etc.
                          It's greatly appreciated by everyone here on the forum.
                          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• operator3
                            • Mar 2010

I'm glad I could do it. The next step is going to be building a base. I figure if we handle each piece 1 at a time, we can get an end result that is EXACTLY what we want. I've already got the perfect loop/hook design in my head. Once we get a working prototype of each part we can produce a full swivel.

Comment

• Biff
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                              OP thanks for all your work on this. I'll post up pix as soon as I get mine.
                              Mine came the other day. Looks very well-made. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It's in my bag and ready to travel to SB 2010. The pix show the new swivel with an Everlast eyebolt/S-hook attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
                                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I got my two new steel balls (yes I said it...) a couple of days ago.

So what eye-hook goes in here, the ones from a Plastic ballhook or one from any other ballhook. (only two that I know of, Everlast and Boxing gear).

What size hex wrench? Maybe I missed that....
                                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                                The Quest Continues...
                                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...