• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joec
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2006

Speed bag sizes

I am about to purchase a new speed bag. I am taking the recomendation to get a 10 x 7 bag since I am a newbee. I have been provided with 2 good links to choose from.

and

The everlast site says 10 x 7 and the title site says 7 x 10. Are these bags the same size? I apologize ahead of time for what might be a dumb question but I never referred to a piece of 2 by 4 wood as a 4 by 2.

Thanks, Joe
    ________
    XR400
    Last edited by joec; 01-18-2011, 06:49 PM.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by joec View Post
    I am about to purchase a new speed bag. I am taking the recomendation to get a 10 x 7 bag since I am a newbee. I have been provided with 2 good links to choose from.

and

The everlast site says 10 x 7 and the title site says 7 x 10. Are these bags the same size? I apologize ahead of time for what might be a dumb question but I never referred to a piece of 2 by 4 wood as a 4 by 2.

Thanks, Joe

No, your assumption is correct in your 2x4 and 4x2 analogy. They haven't standardized anything as far as size description, but the bags are essentially the same size. I say essentially because the size of the bag varies slightly with the Title bags being a little rounder than the Everlast bags. When inflated, if you were to lay an Everlast 10x7 and a Title 7x10 side by side they are close in size but not exact.

I would just pick one and go with it, I don't think you'll be disappointed in either one because they are both excellent bags. The Title bags tend to have longer loops than the Everlast bags which is one reason I prefer Everlast. My monster 10X12 Title bag had a loop so long I could stick two fingers in the loop and I hated it because sometimes the bag would twist at the loop instead of the swivel and it threw off my rebounds making hitting unpredictable. I ended up having the loop shortened at an upholsterer and now I love it. See here for the thread on that: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=109

I'm very happy with my other Title gear, as a matter of fact I prefer Title equipment over just about everything else except for speed bags. I really like the way Everlast makes their loops.

Others have posted problems with Everlast bags being lumpy when inflated but I think I own 3 or 4 Everlast bags and I haven't experienced any problems. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe the others have been unlucky. I also like being able to choose colors on the Everlast Professional series.
    Last edited by Chris M; 01-09-2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Bag Size

Chris M is correct. Listed speed bag Sizes are fairly standard but shapes are not. Even within the same manufacturer, shape and feel can be different within the same size bag.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rellik134
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2006

I got the Title SB6 for X-mas. I am disappointed. One side is obviously bigger than the other and the rebound when hitting that side is off. I started off soft and noticed it right away. I will be returning the bag to Title some time this week for an exchange. Im hoping it was just a case of a bad bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...