X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Ms Deville's New Indoor/Outdoor Platform

When I got my new ball hook swivel last month, "trainer" Raul decided to try building an all-wood, free-standing speed bag platform for me.

We picked up everything at the local Lowe's home building supply store. Since he's a builder, he was able to whip this thing out in an afternoon. The next day, while I was at work, he painted it, and even managed to design a big ol' Everlast logo on it!

Since I was new at the ball hook swivel, I didn't do very well on it, so he replaced it with the U-bolt swivel. I had to adjust to it as well... the wood surface is different from my steel platform... but I'm almost up to speed on it now.

Anyway, I thought I would share this with you guys. We have a little over $150 in it – not too bad. And, the cool thing about it, is that it can be easily dismantled – Raul used screws – and can be set up inside a home or apartment! It stands about 86 inches tall (2.26 meters). It's pretty solid, with little or no vibration. And, because it's freestanding, it won't shake the walls of the house!
    Attached Files
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

You could put it in the back of a pick-up truck and enter yourself as a float in a parade...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      You could put it in the back of a pick-up truck and enter yourself as a float in a parade...
      Don't give hubby any ideas, okay?!!!
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

That's one cool platform Dee! I really do like it, now you've got me thinking about knocking one up......one day!

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Don't give hubby any ideas, okay?!!!
          You know, in the back of a white pick-up, it would have sort of a popemobile look to it. What was your husband's cell number, again?

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Oh, that is so sweet!

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Very nice Mrs D!!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Miss "D", That is one Awesome, freestanding Baggin' platform you've got there!
                Now you'll have no excuses for not bagging. You've got your indoor platform(s) when
                the elements don't permit outside bagging, and you've got your outdoor (portable) platform when it's nice outside. If you've got a truck, you could take it on vacation with you!
                Really cool, nice job to Raul!
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Are you guys looking to adopt?

Comment

• sparrky37
                    • Jan 2010

Thats Great! I think I might have to copy that one.

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                      When I got my new ball hook swivel last month, "trainer" Raul decided to try building an all-wood, free-standing speed bag platform for me.
                      And, because it's freestanding, it won't shake the walls of the house!
                      So somebody was tired of the noise, huh?

That's how you know you are getting good. When the house is starting to vibrate to pieces, it's time to go freestanding!

Looks like a great design, looks sharp, especially the Everlast logo!

I was in a cub scout parade back in Dec 09. I had thought about that the whole time... specifically with Skunk's mobile platform (on the back of the deuce). Hmmm. maybe next year.

Comment

• atgatt
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

What a NEAT setup, you should be proud. Plus, I love that "E" you painted. Everlast should sponsor you.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

You know, in the back of a white pick-up, it would have sort of a popemobile look to it. What was your husband's cell number, again?
                          That's IT!!

The Bagmobile. You could hit to a custom made song.

"I've got my bag in a box..."

It's a gift.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Ain't it great what a little ingenuity, the right tools and some know how will do for ya? Tha is one fine lookin' bagstand ya got yerself that...........Add some red and blue, get Dick Clark to hang out and we got The American Bagstand! Whoo Hoo I came up with one!
                            sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Ain't it great what a little ingenuity, the right tools and some know how will do for ya? Tha is one fine lookin' bagstand ya got yerself that...........Add some red and blue, get Dick Clark to hang out and we got The American Bagstand! Whoo Hoo I came up with one!
                              Good one Metaldad!

Great platform MsDeville! And I thought I was into speed baggin'!!!!
                              That rules!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...