• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scrumylou
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2010

speed bag platform

i just bought the Everlast Elite Adjustable Speedbag Platform since i heard that it was decent for beginners like myself. if it was a bad buy please let me know!

anyone have any ideas on how to mount it to a cement wall in an unfinished basement? i'm usually pretty good with these kinds of things but i want to do it right the first time!

thank you for any advice,
    lou
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

scrumylou, welcome to the forum. I, as well as many of the forum members have that exact platform and all of us love it! Once you do get it mounted, it's a good idea to put some weight on top to reduce vibration . I use two 25lb pltes and a bag of sand inside a duffel bag. As for mounting to a concrete wall, I know this has been addressed before. In fact, member Pegasos posted this question on 3/24/2008. If you go to search forum you should be able to find the thread. I believe it is titled "mounting a platform to a concrete wall". Good luck
    Last edited by metaldad; 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Like MD said, It's a great platform for the price and rock solid with a sand bag overhead. There have been several threads about mounting on concrete walls and there are lot's of talented members here that can offer sound advice on that.

Welcome to the forum.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Griffin
        • Jan 2010

Mounting the platform to a concrete wall is pretty much the ideal situation; if you do it right, you'll have a terrific platform with minimal vibration. It doesn't require any more work than mounting it elsewhere, just gotta get the right hardware...

Have you sorted it out already?

Comment

• scrumylou
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2010

not yet. it's suppose to come in tomorrow.

i think the ideal way to go is using tapcon screws or wedge bolts. i think wedge bolts might be better since the website says they reduce vibration. once i get it up i'll throw up a picture.

Comment

• biguglybear
            • Mar 2010

Definitely recommend throwing a 50lb sand bag up there. I also had to drill a couple of holes into the rails that the drum attaches to in order to crisscross bungie cords to prevent the sand bag from creeping forward during a workout.

Like so:
            Attached Files

Comment

• biguglybear
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by scrumylou View Post
              not yet. it's suppose to come in tomorrow.

i think the ideal way to go is using tapcon screws or wedge bolts. i think wedge bolts might be better since the website says they reduce vibration. once i get it up i'll throw up a picture.
              I used sleeve anchors, myself. Such as it was, I had initial problems with the top stringer coming out of the wall, so I drilled two extra holes--one in the middle of the top stringer, and one in the middle of the bottom stringer. Haven't had an issue since. Let me know how your setup holds up.

Comment

• scrumylou
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2010

it certainly wasn't pretty but i got it up. i can't believe how high i had to mount it. i'm not a real tall guy but still i basically had to go to the top of the wall.
                i'm having a blast with it though. i'll throw a picture up soon.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...