X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • operator3
    • Mar 2010

Balazs I-box

My girl bought me a I-box from Balazs(at my request) for Christmas. So far, I haven't gotten it dialed in because of lack of funds. the loud swivel and super loud base/drum is the issue. But once I get some pillow cases filled with sand, and make a good plastic base/metal ball swivel I think I will be good to go. Anyone else have any experience with the I-box platform? Good or bad, I'd like to hear it. BTW, it's mounted on a solid concrete wall that's thicker than G.W.Bushes skull..
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
    My girl bought me a I-box from Balazs(at my request) for Christmas. So far, I haven't gotten it dialed in because of lack of funds. the loud swivel and super loud base/drum is the issue. But once I get some pillow cases filled with sand, and make a good plastic base/metal ball swivel I think I will be good to go. Anyone else have any experience with the I-box platform? Good or bad, I'd like to hear it. BTW, it's mounted on a solid concrete wall that's thicker than G.W.Bushes skull..
    If that thick concrete wall is hollow (cement blocks) that might be contributing to the loud "base drum" sound by the rebound rumble reverberating in those thick hollow blocks.

Everybody that I know that has hit the I-Box, including numerous threads on this forum, has seemed to love it. Cruise the back pages and you'll find lots of comments on those from a year or more ago.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• operator3
      • Mar 2010

My walls are solid concrete. It makes hanging pictures a MAJOR pain. But yeah, solid stucco is probably the best mounting surface I can think of. I'm dieing to throw some nasty I-shin strikes on the bag. But I gotta get it together first.. I need to find a plastic everlast mount first since the metal ball is on it's way. I'm like a lttle kid waiting for x-mas day.

Comment

• gvee127
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
        ...since the metal ball is on it's way. I'm like a lttle kid waiting for x-mas day.
        Hopefully you don't actually have to wait till x-mas! Some of the members have had some delays with their orders from them.

Comment

• operator3
          • Mar 2010

If I have to climb up someones butt to get it within a reasonable time, so be it. But they told me to expect it at the middle of next week. So if it's not here by Thursday, someone is gonna hear about it. I'm not unreasonable, but I will hold them to they're word.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...