choosing a swivel (as my S type doesn't seem to be that good)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tryme
    • Mar 2010

choosing a swivel (as my S type doesn't seem to be that good)

I've got a hole speed ball set (the board etc) but the swivel seems a lil slow to me and it's quite clumbersum. It's an S type one and is very loud, I don't like using it. I don't really know what i'm looking for though as I want to buy a new one but don't want to end up buying another 3-4 because they end up to be rubbish.

I'm asuming the ball bearing ones are the best ones?

I was thinking of one like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ball-Bearing-S...item19af41ed0e

or this:

• Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

The choice of swivels is mostly a personal preference. The chain link swivel or U-bolt swivel works well, especially for someone getting used to hitting the speed bag.

A lot of baggers on the forum like the S-hook ball swivel because it allows hitting more easily (IMO) from all sides of the bag.

No matter what swivel you choose, it will take some practice to get used to hitting on it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by tryme View Post
      I've got a hole speed ball set (the board etc) but the swivel seems a lil slow to me and it's quite clumbersum. It's an S type one and is very loud, I don't like using it. I don't really know what i'm looking for though as I want to buy a new one but don't want to end up buying another 3-4 because they end up to be rubbish.

I'm asuming the ball bearing ones are the best ones?

I was thinking of one like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ball-Bearing-S...item19af41ed0e

or this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FCG-Chrome-Swi...item3efd6099e6
      Tryme, welcome to the forum.
      I would keep away from the first swivel, their gear is cheap and nasty. The second swivel looks better, but I really couldn't tell you what it's like. I think the best person that can help you in the UK will be Fingers. He'll come along and advise you well. He uses the 'U' bolt type swivel where as I use a metal ball hook, they are even noisier!

Comment

• tryme
        • Mar 2010

The S type is so loud and I have it in my garage, i'm sure my neighbours think i'm beating some one lol. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Hi tryme!! welcome to the forum! go for the u bar mate it is one of the quietest swivels on the market! let us know what it is like because that is the first time i have seen them available in the UK i had to ship mine over from the US it ended up costing me £ 40

Comment

• tryme
            • Mar 2010

I've ordered one off ebay i'll type up my "review" when i've got it set up etc.

Comment

• tryme
              • Mar 2010

ok just to clarify

I ordered this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270544416325

but the one that came was a chain link heres a pic:

Which I'm actually pleased about because it seems to be rather good. I had to put some plumbers grease on it as it was a lil squeaky but that's completely gone now and all I can say is that it seems to be fast reacting and very good. I may only be a beginner but it is 100X better than the original one I had on there which was very slow and cumbersome, not to mention loud! Another good thing I was pleased about was that it was a direct fit replacement for the old swivel, as you can see it's also one of those 2 part swivels where you have the base and then the other bit screws on which is very effective for changing the bag itself as the chain link can be very fiddly (especially for beginners like me, even with the circlip pliers!).

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Hmm another dodgy E bay picture but as long as you are happy with the chain link no harm done! you can always upgrade as you progress..enjoy the journey ive just found this site http://www.protecboxing.com/acatalog...BALL_KITS.html check out the U bar swivell at the bottom!! and its a UK site!
                Last edited by fingers; 03-12-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...