• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clubber Lang
    • Mar 2010

Bagtastic !

Hi all,

First post and would like to start by thanking everyone involved in this forum.

I got plenty of good advice from reading prior to setting out on my first speed bag set up.

It is very difficult to contribute something to this forum because nearly everything has already been covered

I have never used a speed bag before and one day got the idea to get myself a speed bag set up.

So I purchased a Gold's Gym leather bag and a swivel (gold coloured - see http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/bbe-elite-swivel..html).

The swivel is the kind that can un-screw and the plate is then bolted in to the drum, then the swivel part is screwed back on.

Then there is a hair clip type retaining split pin that pulls out allow the bag to be retained.

Whilst building my platform from scratch and reading the forums I learned that vibrations are something to minimise/avoid.

The only idea that I had which I do not think is already covered was to use some PTFE tape around the threads as this created a nice tight fit and costs nothing to do - if you already have a roll of PTFE, and if you do not they only cost £0.25p and have many metres!!

If any one is interested in the platform I have built I will take some pictures and post them up

Clubber Lang.
    London, UK.
    Last edited by Clubber Lang; 03-04-2010, 11:12 AM.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey CL, welcome to the forum. I'm sure most of the baggers would be interested in seeing the platform you built. Look forward to the pics.

Comment

• Clubber Lang
      • Mar 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I wish I took pictures at each stage of the build now, rather than just the finished product.

OK - time to charge the digital camera

Regards,

Clubber Lang.
      London, UK

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Welcome to the forum Clubber Lang. Yeah, let's see some pics then!

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Welcome Clubber that swivel is a decent Mexican type i have one as a spare in my armory lets see some pictures or a video if it in action!! nice to see another UK member to this great forum.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Clubber Lang View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I wish I took pictures at each stage of the build now, rather than just the finished product.

OK - time to charge the digital camera

Regards,

Clubber Lang.
            London, UK
            Clubber, is that really YOU? Man you were the guy we all love to hate back in the day of Rocky. We hopes you're a kinder, gentler clubber......

Man, I pity the fool that wouldn't want to see those pictures!

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to the seeing your equipment.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Clubber Lang
              • Mar 2010

Mr Speedbag,

Thank you for your reply

I pity the fool that does not Speed Ball/bag !

My prediction? Pain.

etc... etc...

The only worthy opponent to myself, Mr James 'Clubber' Lang has proved to be the mighty speed ball, as it keeps on returning back for more and more, round after round and is totally oblivious to my taunts - such as:

Clubber Lang: I'm the baddest man in the world.
              Leather Speed Ball: You don't look so bad to me.
              Clubber Lang: What did you say, Inflated Gold's Gym Leather Speed Ball? I'll beat you like a dog, a dog, you fool!

Yes, the mighty Clubber Lang is now reduced to talking his 'jibber jabber' to his speed ball.

Time for some picture.

Please ask me any questions about the construction.

Thanks all.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Mr Speedbag,

Thank you for your reply

I pity the fool that does not Speed Ball/bag !

My prediction? Pain.

etc... etc...

The only worthy opponent to myself, Mr James 'Clubber' Lang has proved to be the mighty speed ball, as it keeps on returning back for more and more, round after round and is totally oblivious to my taunts - such as:

Clubber Lang: I'm the baddest man in the world.
                Leather Speed Ball: You don't look so bad to me.
                Clubber Lang: What did you say, Inflated Gold's Gym Leather Speed Ball? I'll beat you like a dog, a dog, you fool!

Yes, the mighty Clubber Lang is now reduced to talking his 'jibber jabber' to his speed ball.

Time for some picture.

Please ask me any questions about the construction.

Thanks all.
                Mr. Clubber, Great reply! I do love a man with a sense of humor. and with the speed bag, you're gonna need one!

Now THAT'S one amazing Speed Bag Setup! In my entire speed bag career, I've had heard tales, in soft whispered conversations of
                "The Golden Swivel". Personally, I thought it be myth or of times lost to legend. But NO! And there it is, for all to behold:

The Golden Swivel.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Clubber Lang
                  • Mar 2010

The Golden Swivel is only to be talked about within the hallowed confines of www.speedbagforum.com, your website www.speedbagcentral.com and any other speed bag related web sites that I do not know about.

The legend has passed from continent to continent from nomadic tribe to nomadic tribe across deserts and seas and only to the righteous few deemed worthy enough to unleash the full potential - or just me in this case.

From the previous photo (above) you will notice how brightly it illuminates. I do not think this was due to the flash on my digital camera automatically being activated because of low light levels in my garage.

But is due to the immense powers it radiates. Think along the lines of Lord of the Rings or whatever was in the trunk of the car in Pulp Fiction.

I am even convinced that it is hewn from solid 25 carat gold.

What do you think was being carried in this satchel? (see picture).

One Swivel to Rule Them All.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Clubber Lang; 03-06-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• gvee127
                    • Feb 2010

Nice setup CL! That's a really thick drum.

Comment

• ote888
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2010

ddude....pretty big bag that is.. huh? ...nice one...looking forward to see some video of yours...

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Clubber! You've been to Bagadonia! You've met the Swivs! And obviously they entrusted you to be the Lord Of The Golden Swivel! Amazing!
                        The only reason everyone else on the forum has yet to respond is simply because they are staring at their computer screens hypnotized, mystified and in complete awe of The Golden Swivel.....
                        Some will refrain entirely from any comments in fear of saying something taken as offensive and dying a mysterious death!
                        BAG ON GOLDEN BOY!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

The Golden Swivel is only to be talked about within the hallowed confines of www.speedbagforum.com, your website www.speedbagcentral.com and any other speed bag related web sites that I do not know about.

The legend has passed from continent to continent from nomadic tribe to nomadic tribe across deserts and seas and only to the righteous few deemed worthy enough to unleash the full potential - or just me in this case.

From the previous photo (above) you will notice how brightly it illuminates. I do not think this was due to the flash on my digital camera automatically being activated because of low light levels in my garage.

But is due to the immense powers it radiates. Think along the lines of Lord of the Rings or whatever was in the trunk of the car in Pulp Fiction.

I am even convinced that it is hewn from solid 25 carat gold.

What do you think was being carried in this satchel? (see picture).

One Swivel to Rule Them All.
                          Somehow I had hoped "the Golden Swivel" was a ball hook.

oh well, the speed bag gods have spoken....
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Clubber Lang
                            • Mar 2010

Comrade Speedbag/Spinmashpop/ote888/gve127 and all fellow brethren,

From the sacred knowledge you share with us all I know you are Fellows of the Worshipful Bag Masters.

Yes, deep in the mists of time the ancient scrolls of Bagmastery and Swivelism tell of a time when the Swivel whose name can not be mentioned fell in to the power of a very bad man.

Yes, James Earl Jones in Conan the Barbarian had the Swivel under his despotic control for a time and followers of the film will remember how powerful he became and his unstoppable rise to power.

James Earl Jones tried and failed many times to attach the Swivel to a drum and then to a peanut bag. He thought he could skip starting off with a large bag and go straight for a peanut. He thought he was that good. Look what happened to him. A lesson for us all.

There can be only one.

Clubber Lang,
                            Custodian of the Swivel.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Comrade Speedbag/Spinmashpop/ote888/gve127 and all fellow brethren,

From the sacred knowledge you share with us all I know you are Fellows of the Worshipful Bag Masters.

Yes, deep in the mists of time the ancient scrolls of Bagmastery and Swivelism tell of a time when the Swivel whose name can not be mentioned fell in to the power of a very bad man.

Yes, James Earl Jones in Conan the Barbarian had the Swivel under his despotic control for a time and followers of the film will remember how powerful he became and his unstoppable rise to power.

James Earl Jones tried and failed many times to attach the Swivel to a drum and then to a peanut bag. He thought he could skip starting off with a large bag and go straight for a peanut. He thought he was that good. Look what happened to him. A lesson for us all.

There can be only one.

Clubber Lang,
                              Custodian of the Swivel.
                              Wow, I knew it. I knew somehow that Conan was involved in speed baggery. that is because he knows the Riddle of steel, and the best swivels were made of steel.

I never knew that "The sacred swivel that cannot be named" was inside Thulsa Dooms Mountain of Power. But it makes perfect sense because conan's people made steel, swords and swivels. No doubt that conan killed thulsa doom to avenge his parents but also to rescue the "the Sacred Swivel that cannot be named" from perishing beneath the earth. Thank you clubber for filling in that bit of history. May Conan rest in Peace for what he did and May the keeper of the Golden Swivel punch true his bags,

But still, I wish it had been a ballhook.
                              Last edited by Speedbag; 03-07-2010, 08:47 PM.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...