Title Boxing customer service -- excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Griffin
    • Jan 2010

Title Boxing customer service -- excellent!

Well, my new 8x5 blue and red bag arrived yesterday and was totally flat by this morning. After a quick call to Title, they're sending out a new bladder at once -- no charge.

That's how it should be, of course -- but increasingly rare in this world...

Thought I'd give an appreciative endorsement where it's due.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Good to hear. Haven't had to deal with that aspect of their business, but will say that they have always been speedy, and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Griffin, sorry to hear about your misfortune, although they're sorting it out. Have you checked to see where the leak is coming from? If it's the valve, before changing the bladder, I would try putting a little Vaseline on the needle before inserting it into the valve. I have a bag that requires this treatment every once in a while.
      Has to be worth a try, at least then you might have a spare bladder.

Comment

• gvee127
        • Feb 2010

Title's Great, Fitness-Equipment not so much

This is my first post. Before I write anything, I just want to thank Tim and all the members for this great website.

I had a similar experience with Title a few weeks ago. Ordered the 9x6 Title bag and the bladder had hole(s). They sent me a replacement bladder, but the darn thing wouldn't fit! So I sent it back and they exchanged it out for the Fighting Sports 9x6 (Title's backordered), it's on its way. They were great about the whole thing.

I only wish Fitness-Equipment online had good customer service and respect for their customers. I ordered the Watkins swivel that Alan and everyone recommended with the extra ball and shorter hook. It took a little longer to deliver, and when I called to verify it was shipped they weren't very friendly.

But I did receive it only without the shorter hook. They sent me two identical long hooks! So I called again and a nice person answered this time and said they'd go ahead and send it that day. It's a 2-3 day delivery zone, so after a week and not getting it, I decided to call them and find out. The guy who answers tells me its back ordered for at least a few months and when I tell him I was told it would be shipped last week, he starts getting really annoyed and says they're making them as fast as possible and that he "can't fabricate it out of thin air." I tell him politely that I understand, that I just wish it said that either online when I ordered or when I called before. He then rhetorically asks me if I know how many great ideas there are for websites and that they can't implement them all. Seems like a pretty basic idea to me to inform the customer if an item is backordered so they have the option of purchasing or not. I end the call thanking him, eventhough he has horrible customer service skills. Every time I have called I've been extremely polite, I know things happen, no big deal. You'd think they'd try to be consiliatory when they mess up instead of being defensive, rude, and smart @$$e$.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by gvee127 View Post
          This is my first post. Before I write anything, I just want to thank Tim and all the members for this great website.

I had a similar experience with Title a few weeks ago. Ordered the 9x6 Title bag and the bladder had hole(s). They sent me a replacement bladder, but the darn thing wouldn't fit! So I sent it back and they exchanged it out for the Fighting Sports 9x6 (Title's backordered), it's on its way. They were great about the whole thing.

I only wish Fitness-Equipment online had good customer service and respect for their customers. I ordered the Watkins swivel that Alan and everyone recommended with the extra ball and shorter hook. It took a little longer to deliver, and when I called to verify it was shipped they weren't very friendly.

But I did receive it only without the shorter hook. They sent me two identical long hooks! So I called again and a nice person answered this time and said they'd go ahead and send it that day. It's a 2-3 day delivery zone, so after a week and not getting it, I decided to call them and find out. The guy who answers tells me its back ordered for at least a few months and when I tell him I was told it would be shipped last week, he starts getting really annoyed and says they're making them as fast as possible and that he "can't fabricate it out of thin air." I tell him politely that I understand, that I just wish it said that either online when I ordered or when I called before. He then rhetorically asks me if I know how many great ideas there are for websites and that they can't implement them all. Seems like a pretty basic idea to me to inform the customer if an item is backordered so they have the option of purchasing or not. I end the call thanking him, eventhough he has horrible customer service skills. Every time I have called I've been extremely polite, I know things happen, no big deal. You'd think they'd try to be consiliatory when they mess up instead of being defensive, rude, and smart @$$e$.
          Hey GV127, I've had a similar issue with them for the past few months. I called a few times to order the same swivel, but was told that the shorter hook was back ordered and to call back. Each time I called back they were still on back order. This has been at least three months now.

I can't say that the person was rude but he wasn't the most accomodating either. So here's what I did:

I ordered 5 Everlast plastic S-hook swivels when they went on sale for $5.00 last month. I am going to order 3 Watkins replacement balls with the longer S-hooks. I'll then replace the Watkins eye-bolt and longer S-hook with the Everlast eye-bolt and S-hook. Then I'll put the Watkins metal ball with the replaced Everlast parts into the Everlast plastic housing.

The cost of the replacement Watkins ball and S-hook is $6.90 + shipping. So for somewhere around $40.00, I'll end up with 3 Everlast plastic swivels using the metal ball from Watkins and the eye-bolt and shorter S-hook from the Everlast plastic swivel. And I'll still have 2 complete Everlast plastic swivels as spares.

Comment

• gvee127
            • Feb 2010

That's a great idea Biff. I'm glad to hear your conversations weren't as unpleasant. Do you think there would be any difference or drawback using the Watkins metal ball with the Everlast plastic housing, i.e. metal on metal versus metal on plastic? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by gvee127 View Post
              That's a great idea Biff. I'm glad to hear your conversations weren't as unpleasant. Do you think there would be any difference or drawback using the Watkins metal ball with the Everlast plastic housing, i.e. metal on metal versus metal on plastic? Thanks in advance.
              Check out this link from the Archive section of the forum.

Comment

• ROMY
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2010

I placed an order for some Title leather bag gloves, Gel handwraps and some other small stuff. Excellent shipping but i had a problem with the order. The handwraps promptly broke and i notice i missed the free t shirt with every order deal by 2 days. I shot them an email explaining what was going on... and 2 days later there were replacement wraps and a t shirt free of charge. They took care of me, no questions asked. Ill make sure and order from them whenever possible.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Hey GV127, I've had a similar issue with them for the past few months. I called a few times to order the same swivel, but was told that the shorter hook was back ordered and to call back. Each time I called back they were still on back order. This has been at least three months now.

I can't say that the person was rude but he wasn't the most accomodating either. So here's what I did:

I ordered 5 Everlast plastic S-hook swivels when they went on sale for $5.00 last month. I am going to order 3 Watkins replacement balls with the longer S-hooks. I'll then replace the Watkins eye-bolt and longer S-hook with the Everlast eye-bolt and S-hook. Then I'll put the Watkins metal ball with the replaced Everlast parts into the Everlast plastic housing.

The cost of the replacement Watkins ball and S-hook is $6.90 + shipping. So for somewhere around $40.00, I'll end up with 3 Everlast plastic swivels using the metal ball from Watkins and the eye-bolt and shorter S-hook from the Everlast plastic swivel. And I'll still have 2 complete Everlast plastic swivels as spares.
                  Great point, Biff. The Plastic Everlast housing is the quietest ballhook housing I"ve ever used, but I much prefer the metal ball. The plastic ball floats (my opinion) and is more difficult to control. The plastic housing is deep enough to hold any metal ball, (watkins metal ball is much bigger than everlast metal ball) so it works with any of them.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...