X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

Air!!!!

I've been strugglin So tonite I thought well Ill try and let some air out of my Bag, the one in the avatar. Holy crap everything started flowin pretty good finally!!! My old boxing habits keep the bag tight. Maybe when I get better I'll start airing it up some more. Gonna film myself soon so you guys can help me out. How do you like your bags aired up? mine was to where i can hardly push it in w/ my thumbs, now it's fairly soft, I can push both thumbs in about 1/2inch or more.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
    How do you like your bags aired up? mine was to where i can hardly push it in w/ my thumbs, now it's fairly soft, I can push both thumbs in about 1/2inch or more.
    That sounds just about right, if you can push it in 1/2 inch , you're in the zone.
    Last edited by Tim; 01-30-2010, 09:15 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

...Be a lot nicer on the fists too!
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Maximum rebound

Hey Josh, when I've got too much air in my bags, they're like a rock on my hands and the rebound isn't good. I've only got 3 bags, you'll have to experiment to see what air pressure gives each bag it's maximum rebound. Less air is usually better than too much (at least from my experience).
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

It always seems harder to control bags that are overinflated, and they tend to have slightly odd rebounds at times.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Half an inch give when pressing with your thumb is perfect. I have started to deflate my bags when I'm not using them for a while. I inflate to 3.5 pounds using the pressure gauge. The Everlast bags say max pressure 4 pounds, I find this way to hard and like Alan said, it starts doing odd rebounds.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
              Less air is usually better than too much (at least from my experience).
              Agreed. If it's so hard it causes pain, it's no fun at all, much better for it to be low.

Comment

• sparrky37
                • Jan 2010

No wonder I've been strugglin The pain, odd rebounds, all that you guys are spot on! Thanks! Time to start progressing from here.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...