• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reeve99
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2010

Prime Fighter freestanding stand

I live in an apartment townhome so mounting a speedbag to the wall probably isnt an option as vibration is bad. I've been looking at freestanding frames but know vibration is and weighting it down is a problem. I found the prime fighter freestanding stand 700b. they claim vibration is less and they've added alot of weight to the frame so its self substaining.

EXTRA HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION- Designed to take abuse which makes it great for gyms!! An industrial version of PRiME FIGHTER'S HOME GYM (model 300). PRIME FIGHTER'S original weight stabilizing base allows for unmatched stability without added bulk- 270 degree workout area around the bags!! Will hold a 200 lb. heavy bag and a speed bag. Height adjustable (6' to 8') on both sides separately. Base measures 4' 6" x 5'1" deep. Tie down bar included for double end bags. 3/4" thick by 24" diameter high impact strike board with rubber padding around the diameter. Pro Swivel included. Bags sold separately. Made in the USA. The Weight Pegs are sold separately and are usually not needed. Set of (4) 1" diameter pegs $35.00; or Set of (4) 2" diameter pegs $55.00. To order peg sets -Call 1-800-411-3830 and leave message for call back.

Any advice? thoughts? also If i grab this; what bags would you get?

Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Single post stands for the most part suffer from vibration. Prime Fighter does build some of the finest , non custom made stands on the market. If you have the funds, this is the one that they make that you should look at.

Granted it's three times the cost of the one you're looking at, but from what I've heard it's solid as a rock. You may want to keep it in the back of your mind for later.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
      • Dec 2009

If that 300 model comes with the platform I'm thinking of...its not much...its like glorified particle board that will vibrate like crazy, crack and chip.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Single post stands for the most part suffer from vibration. Prime Fighter does build some of the finest , non custom made stands on the market. If you have the funds, this is the one that they make that you should look at.

Granted it's three times the cost of the one you're looking at, but from what I've heard it's solid as a rock. You may want to keep it in the back of your mind for later.
        I did hit that freestanding frame when I visited the Primefighter factory in Noel Missouri in 2003. (scroll down to see pics) I'm trying to remember if it was the industrial freestanding or the industrial wall model that had the adjustment cables running through the circular frame tubing. I'm not sure which, or it may have been both, that had the two cables inside the tubing but they did rattle around in the tubing quite a bit. My suggestion to them was to somehow run the cable either outside or figure out how to quiet that down, but it was noticeably annoying. If you go with that model ask Randy about that. They are really good folks and easy to talk to and work with. They may also be able to customize the unit to accomodate variations you may want.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 01-13-2010, 09:01 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• reeve99
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2010

Yeah its not the 300. Its the 700b model. Not sure if there's much difference. I dont think I can afford much more than that so the model that is 1600 is not an option. So I guess this 700 model for $500.00 isn't much better than the century,tko, or everlast models?

Comment

• reeve99
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2010

Just in case anyone considered buying from prime fighter. These guys are just great. They told me in advance how long it would take to make and ship. honored the discount as stated on this site without question. I had a question about the support bars and even called me on a Saturday to make sure I was good.

As far as the unit goes. Just hit on it a few days. Not alot of vibration for the heavy bag which everyone told me I would have. There is a little but not much and nothing like those cheap ass stands you find in sports authority or walmart. Mounting the Fairtex hb3 wide 4ft bag. I was going to put a banana bag on it but was worried about clearance. I think I would have been fine now that I look at it though.

I'm in an apartment so this is perfect for me. I'd even consider if i needed something setup outside too. overall very happy with the 700b.

thanks for the referral

Comment

• Clubber Lang
              • Mar 2010

The only advice I can offer is to not get too caught up in the equipment.

If you look at how I prepared for my fight against Rocky Balboa (Rocky 3) I used 'old school' minimal equipment and it proved to be a good idea!

In fact if you look at how Rocky trained for his fight against Ivan Drago, Rocky also went 'old school' and used whatever he had to hand and that resulted in success against the Russian machine with all of their fancy and expensive equipment and what not.

Also making 'ugh ugh ugh ugh' [34:24] & 'huh hah huh hah huh hah' [34:30] sounds really helped me a lot to get in to shape.

Hope I helped.

Dr.Clubber Lang.
              Last edited by Clubber Lang; 03-19-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...