• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobileaudio25
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

ringside premier xs speed bag

i had purchased this bag thinking that it was going to be fast. im still new to the speed bag world, but i go to a boxing gym and they have a cleto reyes bag that is bigger and a lot faster. the ringside is xs bag (8x5). why is this i thought it was the smaller the faster? bags were used on the same platform/swivel. if i were to buy the 6x9 ringside (same bag i have now just up one size) do you think i would have better luck? id like the bag to be a little softer also? thanks for the input! kyle
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Its hard to tell without seeing it. It should be faster.

It could be the bladder, some of the different types of rubber compound can effect the bags speed.

I assume you've tried inflating it or over inflating it. Try under inflating it and see how you go

I'm after a 8x5 and a9x6 Ringside as well

Good luck!
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• mobileaudio25
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2009

yeah i tried over/under inflating it, no luck. i borrowed a cleto reyes 6x9 from the gym and took it home, it was so much quicker. im gonna exchange my 8x5 ringside for the small 9x6. ill have to post the pictures of my home made platform i made from my punching bag/speed bag stand. it is very still and vibration resistant. the way the walls are set up in my basement helped me out a lot. thanks for the input, ill let u know how the bigger bag is here in a week ofr so when i get it....

Comment

• Crapsterface
        • Nov 2009

thx for mentioning that Iv been wondering about how fast ringside bags are. and you got a small one and the bigger reyes is quiker. Now ringsides off my list lol.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I bought an XS ringside and it seemed kind of slow. I thought it was going to fly.
          The fastest bags I have are all Everlast.
          The 4x6 black and gold is FASTER than the 4x6 Black and red, AND has much softer leather and stitching. A big difference. I've hit 3 of the 4x6 black and gold Everlast's.... They are all the same...great. But the 2 4x6 black and Red are also the same ....slower, tougher and hard between the panels....
          The 5x8, and 6x9 Everlasts are also real nice and have great rebound....
          I have yet to hit a Title, Ringside, Fighting, Lonsdale, or Tufwear that's as fast as Everlast. But, I have yet to hit a Cleto Reyes.
          BAG ON!

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

I have two ringside bags - the xs and the s. They are my fastest bags. The xs is really fast. I guess it's like you say - hit or miss in terms of performance and quality. I have been lucky with pretty much all of the bags I have purchased throughout the years.

Also, Bags need time to break in. My title gyro balanced was a disappointment at first. But it has finally broken in enough to where there is a noticeable improvement in performance.

It also depends on the swivel you are using. The plastic ballhook makes everything slower - although it is a good swivel. If you want speed, put your bags on the everlast chainlink - that sucker rocks and rolls in terms of speed.
            Last edited by riqal; 01-11-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• royalewifcheese
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              I bought an XS ringside and it seemed kind of slow. I thought it was going to fly.
              The fastest bags I have are all Everlast.
              The 4x6 black and gold is FASTER than the 4x6 Black and red, AND has much softer leather and stitching. A big difference. I've hit 3 of the 4x6 black and gold Everlast's.... They are all the same...great. But the 2 4x6 black and Red are also the same ....slower, tougher and hard between the panels....
              The 5x8, and 6x9 Everlasts are also real nice and have great rebound....
              I have yet to hit a Title, Ringside, Fighting, Lonsdale, or Tufwear that's as fast as Everlast. But, I have yet to hit a Cleto Reyes.
              BAG ON!
              My 6x9 black and gold Everlast has the best rebound so far using the watkins bh. In my experience lighter bags on the watkins bh require more punch power to keep the speed up. Look at the punch effort being put out in these two vids,

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

compared to,

A evaluation and Demo of a new Ball-hook speed bag swivel, ending with a Punch Drumming(TM) demo to Fast Music.

Comment

• royalewifcheese
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by royalewifcheese View Post
                My 6x9 black and gold Everlast has the best rebound so far using the watkins bh. In my experience lighter bags on the watkins bh require more punch power to keep the speed up. Look at the punch effort being put out in these two vids,

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

compared to,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xrfw...eature=related
                Many variables come into play here but the everlast pro seems to shine with my current setup.

Comment

• mobileaudio25
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2009

yeah, i just shipped by xs ringside back today and asked for a new one one size bigger (s). if i dont like it im going to get my money back. could anyone suggest a good 6x9 and an 8x5? thanks

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by mobileaudio25 View Post
                    yeah, i just shipped by xs ringside back today and asked for a new one one size bigger (s). if i dont like it im going to get my money back. could anyone suggest a good 6x9 and an 8x5? thanks
                    Check out the fighting sports range! a very high quality bag, there are a couple of pictures in my album on my home page!! hope this helps, Fingers.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                      • Dec 2009

I second the Fighting Sports choices.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                        • Nov 2009

I hav a title and a promex. initialy the title goes faster. after about 5 - 10 mins hitting the promex. it goes faster then the title. its kind of wierd its like it needs to warm up first lol. Try inflating it just a littl under rock hard, so it dont hurt your hand. then maby hit the 3 bounce really hard for 5 or ten mins and see if it goes better after that ? hav u tried different types of swivels ? som of my bags work way better then eachother when i mix and match and play with inflation and stuff. I always deflate a bit after hitting. the air seems to expand when it warms up. Some bags just dont go fast though and theres not much u can do lol

Comment

• mobileaudio25
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Nov 2009

i got my ringside small and it came lopsided returning it and getting my money back.

however, i did just purchase an everlast pro 4x6 blk/gold from wal-marts for only 23$ also got an everlast freestanding reflex unit for 30$

ill let you guys know how i like the everlast, ive heard good about it. im using the watkins boxing gears ball swivel on a home made platform....

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by mobileaudio25 View Post
                            however, i did just purchase an everlast pro 4x6 blk/gold from wal-marts for only 23$ also got an everlast freestanding reflex unit for 30$
                            Great bag, great price. You'll like that one I'm sure.

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Here's the everlast pro 6x4 in action (Skunk gave me this bag - thanks Skunk!):

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...