X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pegasos
    • Feb 2007

Looking to buy a small speedbag online

I am currently looking for a smaller than 8x6 speedbag to buy online, as small as it can get, preferably from a shop with international shipping ability. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
    I am currently looking for a smaller than 8x6 speedbag to buy online, as small as it can get, preferably from a shop with international shipping ability. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Hey Pegasos!! try Title,Ringside,Everlast, they all sell small bags or if you want a really small fast bag try A Cleto Reyes x small hope this helps, Fingers.

Comment

• HobbyBoxer
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Dec 2009

Hi Pegasos,

I bought my first speed bag after checking out the reviews on this forum (thanx Tim and everyone!).

It's a Title 5x8 (along with the Everlast adjustable platform, two pair of handwraps, and Alan Kahn's book and DVD (you rock, Alan!). At first it felt like hitting air and I was a bit frustrated about my lack of control, so I ordered the 8x11.

After using the 8x11, I was happier because I felt like I was hitting something more substantial and I had a lot more control over it.

Then once I got used to the bigger bag, I switched back to the smaller bag because I was hitting the bigger bag so hard and fast that my hands got REAL sore, doh!

The quality of the bag is high and the price is low ($29.99). I'm pretty sure they do international shipping.

I also like the Title store both because they have a huge selection of stuff and because they charge less than any site I've been able to find.

If you are absolutely sure you want a small bag, go with the 5x8 (can't recommend the classic - I haven't tried that one yet). Otherwise, the experts around here seem to feel that a good starting size is an 8x11. I'm real happy with both of my bags and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good buy.

I'm new to boxing and to this forum. The speed bags are my first bit of equipment. Loving my new-found hobby and can't wait to see the Pac-Man vs. Mayweather fight!!! Woohoo!

~HobbyBoxer~
      Last edited by HobbyBoxer; 12-17-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Pegasos
        • Feb 2007

Thanks a lot for the info, finger and Hobbyboxer.

I have indeed found this xsmall size that you suggested which i was not aware of. So this problem is solved. The other problem is i was shocked by their prices! The cleto reyes xsmall costs 55 british pounds online! Which is double the cost of any of my speed bags and i am not counting what shipping may be. The Title xsmall is about 30 dollars. Ok, i can live with that, but shipping to Europe is more than 70 dollars!

So my problem now is finding an xsmall size. For some reason i can't find that size at ebay. Most speedbags sold at ebay do not even mention size!

Hobbyboxer, i do possess all sizes of speed bags and have used them in my platform, with a 8x6 small size being the smallest. I am now in the process of "quieting down" a second platform i have installed and use in an apartment, this is why i want to try with an xsmall size to minimize noise (discussed in this thread: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2081 ).

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
          Everlast has some excellent small bags. Try Sugar Rays maybe for int'l shipping?

Link: http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/speedballs.html

Originally posted by HobbyBoxer View Post
          Hi Pegasos,

I bought my first speed bag after checking out the reviews on this forum (thanx Tim and everyone!).
          Welcome to the forums Hobby Boxer ! RE the reviews, you're welcome ... if there is anything we love, it's talking endlessly about the speed bag

Comment

• HobbyBoxer
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Welcome to the forums Hobby Boxer ! RE the reviews, you're welcome ... if there is anything we love, it's talking endlessly about the speed bag
            Cool and thanx Tim. Love the friendly vibes around here

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by HobbyBoxer View Post
              Hi Pegasos,

It's a Title 5x8 (along with the Everlast adjustable platform, two pair of handwraps, and Alan Kahn's book and DVD (you rock, Alan!). At first it felt like hitting air and I was a bit frustrated about my lack of control, so I ordered the 8x11.

After using the 8x11, I was happier because I felt like I was hitting something more substantial and I had a lot more control over it.

Then once I got used to the bigger bag, I switched back to the smaller bag because I was hitting the bigger bag so hard and fast that my hands got REAL sore, doh!

The quality of the bag is high and the price is low ($29.99). I'm pretty sure they do international shipping.

I also like the Title store both because they have a huge selection of stuff and because they charge less than any site I've been able to find.

If you are absolutely sure you want a small bag, go with the 5x8 (can't recommend the classic - I haven't tried that one yet). Otherwise, the experts around here seem to feel that a good starting size is an 8x11. I'm real happy with both of my bags and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good buy.

I'm new to boxing and to this forum. The speed bags are my first bit of equipment. Loving my new-found hobby and can't wait to see the Pac-Man vs. Mayweather fight!!! Woohoo!

~HobbyBoxer~
              Hi HobbyBoxer,

Nice Avatar

8x11 is a good size for learning, and the Title 10x7 is also a good size and shape. You can slow a smaller bag down a bit by letting just a smidge of air out of it. Not enough to let the leather crease, but just enough to make it a bit mushy. That will slow an 8x5 or 9x6 down closer to the speed of a 10x7 or 11x8, and be soft on the hands. You'll quickly find a light punching method to put the breaks on the smaller bags, and in no time you'll be hitting fairly stern on it. The object is NOT to hit as hard as you can, but as controlled as you can while maintaining good position and technique.

Looking forward to some video!
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...