X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crapsterface
    • Nov 2009

Adjustable Homeades platforms

Hey everyone Iv looked at alot of homemade plaforms. Has anyone made an adjustable platform? Im in the making of a whole new thing and if i can make it adjustable and stable it would be ultimate. It is going to be in the middle of a room. im going to make it my training station. Also title has a $ 500. platform for $250. just thought id point that out. Has anyone hit the rival adjustable platform ? i can t seem to find it on ther sight anymore. i was checkin out platforms recently. but i talked to the guy and they do hav them in stock.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Check out the platform section in the Gold Mine

Comment

• Crapsterface
      • Nov 2009

Oh ya I did I was alover that. I might try to rig up som pipes. But no engines thats a little out of hand for me.

Comment

• Crapsterface
        • Nov 2009

You know what i just thought of ? mabey getting my hands on some barber shop chairs and using the pump action. YA! That might work good. and prevent all kinds of other stuff i was thinking i wouldev had to do. it would be way better then messing around with pins and drilling through pipe and stuff. and its already got its mount I can just turn the chair upside down and work from there. THATS AN AWSOME IDEA !
        Last edited by Crapsterface; 12-06-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Crapsterface, be careful about using hydraulics upside down. I could be wrong, but I think you won't get the affect you want. A lot of hydraulics were meant to face one way.

Personally, I think you would be best off with a wormdrive adjustment. Something along the lines like this:

But to have it in the center of a room and yet still have an easy adjustment will be challenging. Not just in adjusting, but in having it very stable after the adjustment. There's a lot to be said for a wall unit when it comes to fast adjustments.

Comment

• Crapsterface
            • Nov 2009

ahh yes ill be carefull. ill definatly play with it a bit to make sure it would work. I dont think ill take one if you can just lift the seatpost off or if it leaks or somthing. Ya I was already looking at that one u sent. thats a good deal. (I suspect) I thought for a while how i could rigg somthing like that up but i dont think i can get the parts to do somthing sturdy like that. I havnt thought of anything that would work. Im going to the scrap yard tomorw aswell to see what i can com up with. If i can make a good crank that would probablt be my first choice.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
              Has anyone made an adjustable platform?
              BillyMack is a forum legend for making this one:

If I recall correctly, it's an electric winch and there are some telescoping legs. I believe he said it was pretty stable.

I believe this is it in action... looks stable

Last edited by Tim; 12-11-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

I think that he put springs in the telescopes to aid in the stability as well.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                  • Nov 2009

thats a cool rig

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...