• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    The closest thing available today are the bags that Genesport sells up in Quebec.

http://www.genesport.net/store/Out/index.htm
    I tried to order the Genesport #8772 15 1/2" deluxe model, black with red velting, but apparently that's not currently available. The bag they sent measures 13 1/2" and is less pear shaped than the bag shown in their catalog photo. This Genesport bag has a light and lively feel to it, it rebounds nicely.

My Everlast 4205 is slightly bigger than the Genesport, but still smaller than the old school bags in the vintage photos. The Everlast 4205 has a heavy, yet satisfying feel to it when punched. It's my favorite big bag. Unfortunately it's no longer made. Got mine ten years ago when it was called the YMCA model, apparently the 4205 has changed sizes over time.
    Last edited by paranday; 11-09-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Iv'e got two 4205's, one from the 1980's, the other from the late 1950's, early 60's. the later is slightly larger than the former. I've also got two 4207's, the same time span. For what ever reason they seem to take more work to keep moving than the 4205's.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Iv'e got two 4205's, one from the 1980's, the other from the late 1950's, early 60's. the later is slightly larger than the former. I've also got two 4207's, the same time span. For what ever reason they seem to take more work to keep moving than the 4205's.
        My 4205 rebounds nicely, even though it is heavy. It really shakes the house, and will quickly tell me if my platform adjustment bolts are screwed down tightly!

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Dutchman, You are truly a Doctor of Bagology.
          Amen! You are a wealth of bagging knowledge.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            agreed thats one big bag....I dont know I could even do any reverse punches on that thing.
            Sure you can. Step or lean to the side a bit when you do RSP. For RDP adjust your distance back far enough to just the front rebound clear your hands. You should be able to do all techiques on a large bag. Just not very fast.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Ummm, how does that bag not hit her on the rebound? Maybe it's used as a slip bag ????

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Honestly, looking at that setup, I'd say that she never hit in the position that she was photographed in. More than likely she stood facing the piano. Remember with the cameras of that era most shots were posed, true actions shots were rare.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Honestly, looking at that setup, I'd say that she never hit in the position that she was photographed in. More than likely she stood facing the piano. Remember with the cameras of that era most shots were posed, true actions shots were rare.
                  Agreed. Film speed would have been slow. She probably held that pose like a statue in order to get that shot.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...