• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagScissorhands
    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

Title classic 5x8 red vs title 5x8 yellow

Title classic 5x8 red vs title 5x8 yellow-
    i tried the red one - its was light and easy on the hands- . overall which do you guys prefer and why
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I actually like them both. But I prefer the shape of the Yellow.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      I actually like them both.

I didn't like the red bag when I first started hitting it, and I punched mainly on the yellow . But over time, I grew to like the red bag as well. Now I use them pretty much equally.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
        Spin Master

• Aug 2008

thanks guys. i usually only hit 1 bag- an everlast 6x4. but i find the brand new ones are like hitting rocks. the other day i went to a gym that had the classic title and its was so easy on my hands it felt like a toy but i kinda liked it after 10 min. Ill pick on up for kicks but ill mainly use the 6x4.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
          thanks guys. i usually only hit 1 bag- an everlast 6x4. but i find the brand new ones are like hitting rocks. the other day i went to a gym that had the classic title and its was so easy on my hands it felt like a toy but i kinda liked it after 10 min. Ill pick on up for kicks but ill mainly use the 6x4.

Scissorhands, the way you've been hitting lately you'll make any bag do what you tell it. You're hands will quickly adapt to any bag.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dax_q
            • Jan 2008

I prefer the classic hands down. I have hit a fair amount of bags, but I hit the red classic 5x8 99% of the time. I do like the everlast xs though. One of the better bags I have hit even though I have to pump it up every day...
            -Dax

Comment

• MikeTarheel
              • Sep 2009

Well, in purchasing some other items from Title today I wanted a multi-color everlast 5X8 bag at reasonable rate, but it was sold out.

So I went with a 6X9 Addidas bag/black (I wanted something other than black just to change things up). It was probably the better size for me, too, and I got it on sale at $19.99 - so this will make 3 bags I have for use.

They are taking a beating around here, and I had some other things to purchase from Title so I figured I'd save on the shipping - they come with bladder. I can't say that's a Bad Deal, will report upon receipt.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                Spin Master

• Aug 2008

normally i hate 5x8 bags but for some reason this red title classic was very light maybe even lighter than the 6x4 and very easy on the hands.I wouldnt mind trying bags from every company out there. its what I live for scissorhands

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

normally i hate 5x8 bags but for some reason this red title classic was very light maybe even lighter than the 6x4 and very easy on the hands.I wouldnt mind trying bags from every company out there. its what I live for scissorhands
                  It's like an addiction. I've got more bags that I can possibly use, yet I buy more

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

well i got the 5x8 title classic and its actually looks smaller than my everlast 6x4. i guess last week when i was hitting the title is was the 9x6. im confused with these sizes and companies. my everlast 5x8 is much much bigger than the title 5x8
                    left to right- 5x8 everlast- 6x4 everlast- 5x8 title
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

well i got the 5x8 title classic and its actually looks smaller than my everlast 6x4. i guess last week when i was hitting the title is was the 9x6. im confused with these sizes and companies. my everlast 5x8 is much much bigger than the title 5x8
                      left to right- 5x8 everlast- 6x4 everlast- 5x8 title
                      It's been said many times: No consistency between bag sizes and shapes between companies. If you find one you like - Get lots of them.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                        Spin Master

• Aug 2008

Alan, another thing. my first 6x4 everlast was a gift from Skunk. its been hit 500000 billion times and its by far my favorite. I went and bought a few more 6x4 everlasts and for whatever reason they dont compare tot he one zach gave me. maybe because his was more broken in? different leather? I dont know? the new ones just dont have the same bounce!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

The thing is; we are talking inches here! How hard is it to inflate a bag and then measure it? This isn't some kind of quantum physics stuff! What is this, quantum bagging?? It would be nice to know that 5"x8" means just that.
                          If it is 5 1/2" x 8" then just put that on the label.
                          Come on all you speed bag companies; have fun with it! Give us the exact height and width, and then come up with a cool name for it. If it is of a thinner type, or gets fatter a little higher than another, just name it accordingly. I mean, what is a 4240, or a 4200?
                          I wish I was at that meeting....

Boss: "Uh, guys. What do you want to call this speed bag?"

Sensible guy: "Well it is 11"x8". Let's call it "The 11" x 8" Speedster". I think it would be good to always give the speed bags hip, slick names to promote what they do and make them sound impressive."

Boss: "That's pretty good. Anyone else have any other ideas for names."

Genius, non-sensible guy: "Well, I weighed this 8"x11" and it is 4200 milligrams. I think we should call it the 4200."

Boss: Wow! That sounds impressive. It sounds kind of like we also hold jobs at NASA. It really makes us sound smarter than anyone buying the Speedster, uh, I mean the 4200. But why call it the 4200. Why not call it the US equivalent of that metric number. You know, like the "One pound, 5 ouncer"?

Genius, non-sensible guy: "The metric system is not known as well here in the US, thusly the consumers will feel even smarter when they say this metric figure."

Boss: "You are right! End of meeting guys! We need to go with names like this from now on. Please, no more of these childish toy sounding names.
                          We are Everlast! Now go measure the weight of more stuff where weight doesn't matter!

HAHA!!!

And it should be measured from the top of the strap, being that is where the bag hangs from and that affects rebound time.
                          But for one to be 5 1/2" wide and another to be 4 3/4" wide is like having a room painted blue, but when you come home, it's green and the painter says, "well, there is blue "in" the green."
                          It's like just because there are distorted guitars in a song doesn't not a qualify it to be "heavy metal".
                          BAG ON AND ACCURATELY!

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

HAHHAAH SPIN! great depiction of what probably goes on with these companies.
                            I was thinking it went something like this...."boss... i found another guy in China who can make them for us cheaper... who cares if our old 5x8's are double the size of the new ones and the new leather feels like steel!"
                            I think i gotta go to tim's house and try all his bags and see which ones i like!

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

..."boss... i found another guy in China who can make them for us cheaper... who cares if our old 5x8's are double the size of the new ones and the new leather feels like steel!"...
                              Haha. Maybe I should retire my Made in USA Everlasts, put them in the deep freeze or something to preserve them, they're oddball remnants of another age entirely.

I think i gotta go to tim's house and try all his bags and see which ones i like!
                              We all gotta do that.
                              Last edited by paranday; 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...