• Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

The History Of Skunk!

I present to you.....

The History Of Skunk!

He comes from a small, unknown island in the South Pacific called Bagadonia.
    His parents were on a cruise with Little Skunk and there was a terrible storm. Little Skunk was blown right off the deck and into the ocean. No one noticed for a while because Lil Skunk was always full off energy, hiding and running away.
    Anyhow, a couple natives of Bagadonia, known as "Swivs", (a friendly race of creatures) were returning from a day of fishing. There is a certain fish in that region the Swivs love. It is indigenous to that part of the world and is very difficult to catch unless you were raised to hunt this fish in Bagadonia. The fish is known as the Platform fish. They are nearly perfect circles, mostly black or light brown in color and average about 24" in diameter. They can get as big as 36"!
    Anyhow, Lil Skunk was seen by these 2 Swivs as they too were trying outrun the storm. This is quite possible why he was never found. The Swivs are fast! They scooped Lil Skunk up into their boat and darted safely back to their island....
    The next morning the friendly Swivs fed Lil Skunk, (who, at the time, had no name to them), and let him run around the beach and play. He did have to come to grips as a small child that he may never see his parents again, but he felt so lucky that he was saved from drowning or sharks in the ocean the night before!
    The reason Lil Skunk was so fond of the Swivs was because of their "cute" and "cuddly" look and stature. They were of many different shapes and sizes but one thing held true to all of them; they resembled pears with two arms and two legs! Most of them were between a mere 6-10" tall and 4-7" wide! Some were multicolored, others were simply white, and others were bright red!
    One day the little boy ran behind a tree to retrieve a coconut he was throwing around and came across a strange animal called a "Skoonk". Skoonks were usually very fearful little rodent-like creatures, but this one let the boy pick it up. The boy carried it back to the Swivs. They were very surprised to see this. At that point, the Swivs named the boy "Skoonk".
    For many, many years, Skoonk lived on Bagadonia with the Swivs. He learned their language, their dances, and their games. The Swivs had one very unique game they would often play while hanging from a tree. They would bounce themselves back and forth off the bottom of a limb. Their skin was a very thick, leathery type and they felt no pain as they rebounded every which way playing their "tree bounce" game.
    Skoonk would find all this very amusing and often go and push them one way or another trying to get in on all the fun. Of course he couldn't do this himself but he was always looking for new games to play.
    After years of this tree-bounce game went by, Skoonk's pushing became a light tapping and then ultimately a punching of the Swivs as they rebounded with great delight! The Swivs would try to move out of the way of Skoonk's fists which forced him to have to punch in an irregular manner. He would punch from behind, from the sides, if he'd miss he would use his elbows, etc...
    This went on for years but Skoonk missed his parents.
    He told the Swivs he was making a boat and was going to find his parents.
    Well, the short of that is that he did make a very sturdy boat, he sailed for months and ended up near north Florida. He found his parents, they home schooled him, and he adjusted with great ease. I forgot to mention that his parents accepted him as "Skoonk". He was happy with the name as it made him think of his friends the Swivs back in Bagadonia. But the kids in school couldn't get it right. They ended up simply calling Skoonk, Skunk.
    One day as Skunk walked home from school, he saw a window with a boxing gym inside. He thought his mind was playing tricks on him; was that a Swiv getting punched in that gym?? He went inside to see that in fact it was not. It was a speed bag. Well, Skunk took one look at it and slowly started tapping away. Within a minute the whole gym had stopped all activity and all eyes were fixated on this teenager punching the speed bag with a force, precision, command and speed unlike anyone had ever seen before.....
    And the rest is history.....

And yes, folks, I really did just write that. And no, I did not just smoke a huge joint. I am actually quite tired. But the thought occurred when I placed a response comment to a comment Speedbag made about Skunk's mightiness, and just went with it! Sometimes the strangest things happen when you expect nothing! HAHA....
    BAG ON!
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

That is brilliant, the kids thought is was great too!

The Skunk is an amazing bagger. It's as though he was born bagging and incredible that he's been at it for just a few years or so. Is it about 4 years?

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
      That is brilliant, the kids thought is was great too!
      Thanks. I think I hear my new calling and this was the early morn bugle horn!....Children's storybook writer!

The Skunk is an amazing bagger. It's as though he was born bagging and incredible that he's been at it for just a few years or so. Is it about 4 years?
      I think it's about 5 by now. Man, I just emailed him about bringin an extra platform to Orlando next week for the speed bag truck and I forgot to mention I just wrote his history!!!! haha....

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

I have it on good authority that the Swivs are terrified of helicopters. It's why you'll never see Skunk helicopter -- unless it's on purpose and he's in total control of it.

On the theme of total control, when I saw Tiger Woods dribble the golf ball on the club, then swing and hit it mid air to a great distance, I was impressed! But to watch Skunk do his magic with the bag is even more impressive. I wish those two could meet, I'm sure Tiger would want to momentarily put down that other bag, and take up the speed bag. My pipe dream, anyway.

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

spin, good stuff. Did you know that after Skunk left that the Swivs got bored so they started a music group? According to reviews, they are pretty good.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I think the Swivs later became famous as the Smurfs.

It could have happened.....
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MikeTarheel
              • Sep 2009

This is a Fairy Tale.

Let me tell you What Really Happened...

The Origin of this Story began in a Meadow in the year 1648. It was before the time of Snap, Crackle, Pop. After the discovery of Dip, Dodge, Drop. It was a Difficult Time throughout the land, a seemingly rudderless time; a time which yearned for what it had therebefore been clueless what yearning itself was about...

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                • Sep 2009

But along Came Skunk

Standing in the rain, with his head hung low

Couldnt get a ticket, it was a sold out show

Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene

Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream

He heard one Speed Bag, just blew him away

He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day

Bought a beat up Speed Bag in a secondhand store

Didnt know how to play it, but he knew for sure

That one Speed Bag, made songs in his hands

Didnt take long, to understand

Just one Speed Bag, slung way down low

Was one way ticket, only one way to go

So he started Baggin'

Aint never gonna stop

Gotta keep on Baggin'

Someday hes gonna make it to the top

And be a Board Esquire, got stars in his eyes

He's a Board Esquire

He took one Speed Bad, hooked it up to a Swivel

There ain't no Referee can call a Double Dribble..

In a town without a name, in a heavy downpour

Thought he passed his own shadow, by the backstage door

Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain

And that one Speed Bag made his whole life change

Now he needs to keep Baggin'

He just cant stop

Gotta keep on Baggin'

That boy has got to stay on top

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  And yes, folks, I really did just write that.
                  This may be the start of a tale that is passed down for ages , the tale of the legendary Skunk

And no, I did not just smoke a huge joint. I am actually quite tired.
                  LOL, probably from all that typing !

Comment

• The Baggist
                    Vert Baggin' Master
                    • May 2009

Skunks last vid is called "I'M ON A BOAT". He must be reliving the day of the storm and falling overboard!!!!!

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      This may be the start of a tale that is passed down for ages , the tale of the legendary Skunk
                      Tim, maybe you should add "raconteur" to BT's SBF status.

Comment

• Jordan
                        • Jun 2009

LMAO....I got nothing else to say to that haha

Comment

• fingers
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • May 2008

Spin that was a great tale! if my children were younger it would be their bedtime story!! oh what the hell i will tell them Skunks tale anyway!!

Comment

• Jordan
                            • Jun 2009

I keep just driving down the road and thinking about parts of that freaking story and just laughing to myself, great stuff.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                              I keep just driving down the road and thinking about parts of that freaking story and just laughing to myself, great stuff.
                              I don't know if the idea of turning it into a children's isn't such a bad idea.
                              I've read tons to my kids and I think they would get a kick out of this one!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...