• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bezzer
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2009

Thinking of buying smaller bag

Hey everyone, Just recently started speedbagging a few weeks ago and im really enjoying it so far. Ive got alot better in the last week and can now keep the bag going for a few minutes without mistakes. The only thing is that i think my bags too big to gain any real speed. It seems like i have to hit it quite hard to get the speed up. Im not sure what size the bag is as i got it off a friend. Its made by BBE and its quite long.
    What size of bag would be good for me? As a newbie id want something thats not too small that i cant hit it, but something thats alot faster than the one i have.

cheers guys.
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

the everlast size xs (6 x 4) or the ringside xs (size 8 x 5) are both small, really fast bags. The ringside bag size xs is actually smaller than the everlast size xs.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

I use a Title 7x10. It's a nice medium bag that can be hit pretty quickly . I've been using this same bag for a couple of years now. I don't know what you're using now, I've never heard of BBE.
      sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bezzer View Post
        What size of bag would be good for me? As a newbie id want something thats not too small that i cant hit it, but something thats alot faster than the one i have.
        I would have recommended something like a 6x9. An Everlast would be a good choice. Anything smaller can come at a later date.

My brother has a BBE and it's got nothing on any of my other bags. Well it's vinyl for a start and I don't suspect it's balanced like the top brands either.

Welcome to the speed bag world!

Vini

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I would try an Everlast medium or small. They all seem to have a nice rebound with a bit of girth to them. You still have to work to get them cookin, but they stay in control as you increase speed.....

Comment

• MikeTarheel
            • Sep 2009

Great to see you here, Bezzer! Glad to hear of your early progress.

I'm new, too, so I'm not one to give advice. I can say, however, that when I'm working with Alan's SBB (Speed Bag Bible) I like to use my larger Everlast bag because it rebounds slower so I can think through the hits a little better than I seem to with the smaller new Title bag I have (that could just be density on my part, but I like the larger one for learning the movement, the smaller one after I feel comfortable that I understand the hits).

I am looking toward another bag in between, so I would be glad to hear how you fare with your new purchase.

Comment

• goju
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
              I would have recommended something like a 6x9. An Everlast would be a good choice.
              Vini
              thats what i got my eyes on

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...