• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenzDo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2009

3 more days, agh! Quick Question : )

Hey Guys! I still have not gotten the set up in from Everlast but it should be here any day now. It's killin' me

Quick question: the bolts on the wall brackets on the front-end keep coming loose after hitting the bag some. We've been tightening them and retightening them but the darn things won't stay put. Management says it must be loose on the back-end (mind you, I don't know any of the proper terms so I use words like front-end and back-end) and that the only way to prevent the board from loosening is to take down the entire fixture and then do something-or-other. Can you guys maybe help me figure this all out (and maybe even explain the terminology to me a bit )?

Bag on

-Mike
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BenzDo View Post
    Hey Guys! I still have not gotten the set up in from Everlast but it should be here any day now. It's killin' me

Quick question: the bolts on the wall brackets on the front-end keep coming loose after hitting the bag some. We've been tightening them and retightening them but the darn things won't stay put. Management says it must be loose on the back-end (mind you, I don't know any of the proper terms so I use words like front-end and back-end) and that the only way to prevent the board from loosening is to take down the entire fixture and then do something-or-other. Can you guys maybe help me figure this all out (and maybe even explain the terminology to me a bit )?

Bag on

-Mike
    HI BenzDo.

The final answer and suggestions to fix this really depend on the type of wall this is hung on. Plaster, Concrete Blocks, Poured Cement, Brick, Drywall etc. The attachment and wall anchorings needed will really depend on what type of wall material and area you are dealing with. Basically you may want to place some wall anchors in the wall to screw your lag bolts or screw into. Tell more about your wall, or better yet, post a few pics and watch the construction crew here go to work.....

And you are describing exactly why I recommend drilling the swivel holes all the way through a board and bolting it on. With time and vibration, if they work loose, you will tighten and retighten the screws, eventually digging out more wood from the holes until the screws will not tighten, yielding a loose swivel base. Bolts will fix this immediately.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BenzDo
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2009

haha awesome, I'm on it

will post some pics with a description or 2 tomorrow.

Thanks!

btw, looks like there is cement blocks and there is a mirror cut around part of the board which makes it difficult removing everything.
      Last edited by BenzDo; 10-05-2009, 06:41 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BenzDo View Post
        haha awesome, I'm on it

will post some pics with a description or 2 tomorrow.

Thanks!

btw, looks like there is cement blocks and there is a mirror cut around part of the board which makes it difficult removing everything.
        That is not good. You may have to remove the mirror first, then deal with the board and put the mirrors back up. From the baggers point of view, the speed bag set up is more important than the mirrors.

Punch first, look later.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          That is not good. You may have to remove the mirror first, then deal with the board and put the mirrors back up. From the baggers point of view, the speed bag set up is more important than the mirrors.

Punch first, look later.
          HAHA.... yeah.... but when you put up the mirror, put 2 up at a slight angle and post a clip of "TRI-BAGGIN'" up!
          BAG ON THE GOOD FOOT!!

Comment

• BenzDo
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Sep 2009

yup yup, forgot the pics and lost my mp3 player at the gym. will post tomorrow. And yes, bag first, look later! you guys are great

thanks

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...