• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Bladder size Q, bag identification....

I am in need of a bit of help.

I currently use one of these platforms. I got it from Big 5 Sports on sale in kit form. Came with a leather Everlast bag. Being a beginner, I have no idea what size it is. Only markings on it say "Ta:M". Teardrop shape to it.

I inflated it the first time, and over the last few weeks it's been seeing some heavy use. The bladder has lost some air, so I was going to pump it back up some, only to find that the stem had slipped out of the hole in the bag. In trying to move it back towards the hole the stem pretty much disintegrated. So I need a new bladder. Fortunately the bladder is still holding air, So I am doing a lot of controlled practice with it right now, trying to learn new stuff at the lower speed it is at.

What size bladder do I need, and where should I get one from? I have also been considering a bit of a smaller faster bag as well, so if I could get a bladder and a new bag form the same place that would be awesome.

Anyways, I've been rambling enough. Any help is very appreciated.

Tim
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
    I am in need of a bit of help.

I currently use one of these platforms. I got it from Big 5 Sports on sale in kit form. Came with a leather Everlast bag. Being a beginner, I have no idea what size it is. Only markings on it say "Ta:M". Teardrop shape to it.

I inflated it the first time, and over the last few weeks it's been seeing some heavy use. The bladder has lost some air, so I was going to pump it back up some, only to find that the stem had slipped out of the hole in the bag. In trying to move it back towards the hole the stem pretty much disintegrated. So I need a new bladder. Fortunately the bladder is still holding air, So I am doing a lot of controlled practice with it right now, trying to learn new stuff at the lower speed it is at.

What size bladder do I need, and where should I get one from? I have also been considering a bit of a smaller faster bag as well, so if I could get a bladder and a new bag form the same place that would be awesome.

Anyways, I've been rambling enough. Any help is very appreciated.

Tim
    I don't exactly what size that bag would be. The "M" and "S" bags I have seen at local sporting good stores look like 11x8, 10x7 or 9x6 to me, but it's hard to say.

You can get excellent speed bags at Titleboxing.com and speed bag replacement bladders

I would contact Titleboxing.com by phone and ask them what bladder they might recommend. Then if it doesn't fit you could probably return it and try another.

hope it helps.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 09-28-2009, 06:38 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey RenoRattler...
      Big 5 should have some bladders in stock. There may be a tear drop size and a more circle-type size. I have bought them both and have read somewhere here that both fit most bags for the most part. It is safe to say that after replacing the bladder, a bag usually doesn't feel exactly the same. And replacing isn't hard. Just manipulate the stem into the hole and slowly pump it up.
      You can definitely get a more accurate answer on your questions if you call Title like Speedbag said... but for a quick fix that will be fine, making a trip to the Big 5 will get you bagging in full force quicker! (call first and make sure they have bladders in the stock....)
      And I think the size you have is a 7x10. I have 2 of that type of platform. It's a great start cuz it comes with a bag and wraps and a jumprope and other stuff. The "Ta:M" stuff is pretty annoying. We all have pretty much made it clear that we talk about bags predominantly in height and width. I don't who decided to get all creative when describing a speed bag. "It is 7" high and 10" wide... that's a 7x10! It is made of real leather or vinyl or durahide or whatever. There is plenty of room on the speed bag to add key info in a nice, small font at the bottom!
      BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...