• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Academy Sports Price alert..

The Academy Sports store near me has the Everlast Adjustable speed bag platform, wall unit ( as seen in the speed bag truck...) for $79.00. That is the platform on sale in Walmart for $96.00. That was not the Academy "sale price", but regular price (in certain stores...) I had them scan it to check, and then I had them put one in my truck. I don't really need another platform, but for that price on this board, you just never know....
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

It just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper doesn't it?
    sigpic

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Wow! If I only had the money to spare. What a deal. Academy really is tough to beat. At least I feel better that you got in on the deal, Speedbag. Let us know how you like it.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
        Wow! If I only had the money to spare. What a deal. Academy really is tough to beat. At least I feel better that you got in on the deal, Speedbag. Let us know how you like it.
        I've hit on this model several times with Spinsmashpop in the Foreigner Soeed Bag Truck. I like it a lot. I'm thinking about modifying a free standing floor frame by adding twin vertical support poles and using this model to make a decent free standing portable model. We'll see...

Don't you live in Texas, near Austin ??
        Last edited by Speedbag; 09-26-2009, 08:22 PM.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Speedbag, yeah, just north of Austin in Cedar Park. A few weeks ago I picked up an Everlast free standing heavy bag at Academy that was on a closeout for something like about $60.

You sure got a steal, I mean a deal on that platform. If you say they are good, then it has to be good. Even if I had the money right now, I'd hate to take down my good ol' faithful non-adjustable platform and replace it, and I don't have any more room for another platform in my already over-crowded office filled with boxing equipment. Such is life in the speed bag world.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

I'm jealous! It seems like the US has a boxing shop on every corner!

I'm trying to get my hands on this exact set-up, but nothing here in the UK. Sports Direct show them here http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast...latform-753149

I tried ordering one, the payment went through but then received an 'out of stock' email. And they have no idea if and when they'll be stocking them again.

Vini

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
              I'm jealous! It seems like the US has a boxing shop on every corner!

I'm trying to get my hands on this exact set-up, but nothing here in the UK. Sports Direct show them here http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast...latform-753149

I tried ordering one, the payment went through but then received an 'out of stock' email. And they have no idea if and when they'll be stocking them again.

Vini
              I have no idea what it would cost to ship one to you, but I bet we could work it out... I've never shipped a board to UK but it must be possible. check it out on your end. We got plenty of them over here..
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

A few days ago at Academy I saw the platform Speedbag was talking about. It was $79. It took a lot of will power not to pull out the credit card. It really looked nice all setup as their display model.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  I have no idea what it would cost to ship one to you, but I bet we could work it out... I've never shipped a board to UK but it must be possible. check it out on your end. We got plenty of them over here..
                  AK, your a real gentleman! I'll try checking it out here and let you know tomorrow. I did try going to Everlast's site, to find out how much shipping would cost from the US. However, I would have to order the platform and then, they would email me the cost.

Any idea how heavy it is?

A very big thanks.

Vini

Comment

• atgatt
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

UK, I wonder if it is cheaper to buy from Amazon due to possibly less shipping cost overall even though they charge more for the platform.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                      AK, your a real gentleman! I'll try checking it out here and let you know tomorrow. I did try going to Everlast's site, to find out how much shipping would cost from the US. However, I would have to order the platform and then, they would email me the cost.

Any idea how heavy it is?

A very big thanks.

Vini
                      My household scale is not working. I hunt around and see if I can find a weight. I'd say it's going to be about 25-30 lbs. after packing.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Hurray!

Sports direct have them in stock again. I have ordered it and it's been dispatched......Can't wait to hit under a proper set-up.

Thanks for your generosity Alan, it's very much appreciated.

Vini

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...