• Show
Clear All
  • big_deuce
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2006

Different types of punches

Hey guys,
    Im pretty basic when it comes to the speed bag,
    And i see you guys describe different combos, but i cant put the words to a picture. Some of the ways to hit the speed bag are abbreviated, and im alittle confused.
    Can anyone hook me up on what it is some of ya'll are talkin about
    Thanks !

ex
    4 way out?= what? lol
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

The punches and abbreviations we refer to are all from the Speed Bag Bible, written by speedbagforum's very own member, "speedbag" aka Alan Kahn.

His website may be of great help to you: http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/written_exercises

Take a look over the rest of the site, particularly the videos.

Chris

Comment

• big_deuce
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2006

thannk you once again!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

abbreviations

Originally posted by big_deuce View Post
        Hey guys,
        Im pretty basic when it comes to the speed bag,
        And i see you guys describe different combos, but i cant put the words to a picture. Some of the ways to hit the speed bag are abbreviated, and im alittle confused.
        Can anyone hook me up on what it is some of ya'll are talkin about
        Thanks !

ex
        4 way out?= what? lol
        Hi Big_Deuce.

I would apologive for the speed bag technique and combo "abbreviations" which may appear to be confusing, but it is really the only way for us to pass on specific punching/elbow striking techniques and combination information examples. If we did not use abbreviations, the wording would be way to long and complicated. Those of us familiar with The Speed Bag Bible and it's system can more easily pass on ideas and combinations between each other.

Good luck and welcome to the club. With a little time, you'll be writting combo's yourself!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...