• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Is this not Alan's phrase???

So Alan Kahn's Speed Bag Bible/Central phrase regarding the speed bag is...

"Put a little rhythm in your workout"

So after checking out this site that Fingers and Tim were talking about,

Title Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel For Speedballs Heavy-duty, double-thick, triple chrome plated for extra-long durability. All the speed and quality of the Pro Swivel, only in a quick-change, push-pin style. Change bag in seconds. Lightning fast for professional gym use. Sealed mechanics make for super-fast, super-quiet and super-efficient action. Includes 4 mounting screws.

I noticed that UFC has their own speed bag, (the 9th bag down). And in the bag description, I noticed their catch phrase below....

UFC® LEATHER SPEED BAG
    SKU: SKU8235
    UFC® Leather Speed Bag. Put some rhythm in your workout! This speed bag requires control, speed, and accuracy, which is beneficial to any sport. It features lace closure and quality leather construction for a durable bag that can really take a beating! Size: 10" Colour: Black

"Put some rhythm in your workout!" ???????

Hmmmmm.... wonder where they got this from, or if it is just simple coincidence?????
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post

Title Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel For Speedballs Heavy-duty, double-thick, triple chrome plated for extra-long durability. All the speed and quality of the Pro Swivel, only in a quick-change, push-pin style. Change bag in seconds. Lightning fast for professional gym use. Sealed mechanics make for super-fast, super-quiet and super-efficient action. Includes 4 mounting screws.

I noticed that UFC has their own speed bag, (the 9th bag down). And in the bag description, I noticed their catch phrase below....

UFC® LEATHER SPEED BAG
    UFC® Leather Speed Bag. Put some rhythm in your workout! This speed bag requires control, speed, and accuracy, which is beneficial to any sport. It features lace closure and quality leather construction for a durable bag that can really take a beating! Size: 10" Colour: Black

Hmmmmm.... wonder where they got this from, or if it is just simple coincidence?????
    i see a law suit...we gotta find a lawyer that bags to join up! hahaha

Comment

• Jordan
      • Jun 2009

Wow that's BS, lets take em down

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        Wow that's BS, lets take em down
        The only thing is, it's the UFC.... and they are big business. It would be better to have them become aware of great minds thinking alike so they can promote Alan Kahn, The Speed Bag Bible, and the art of speed bagging a bit.
        The UFC is immensely popular. If one of their top fighters was turned on to bag past the point of the basics, it would get a lot of exposure.
        BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

UFC® LEATHER SPEED BAG

No lawsuit necessary. It's a different Kahncocktion of words. Anyway, if it is a catch phrase rip off, then imitation is a form of recognition. If it sells a few more bags for them, no harm done.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

The only thing is, it's the UFC.... and they are big business.
            Yeah, and Dana White seems to be a real A-hole... don't wanna mess with that guy. Alan has got the market cornered as far as speed bag instruction, really the more bags that sell, the more he benefits I hope.

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Imitation is the highest form of flattery there is only one Alan Khan.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Imitation is the highest form of flattery there is only one Alan Khan.
                Thanks, Fingers. I appreciate that. To engage my highlander fantasy: "There can be only one". (I'll never get an opening like that again...)

however, KHAN is the title of the leader of the Mongrol hordes. An admirable fellow, but not of my family tree.

my name is spelled KAHN.

(..for the record, that's the "legal" version. My fathers parents came from Europe but for some reason the family name of KOHN was changed to KAHN at Ellis Island. Neither one of them ever spoke English well enough to notice the difference.

I'm told my Uncle ( a lawyer in NY years later...) officially changed the name to KAHN to clear the record or make it legal.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

Don't forget the KHAN from the original star trek movies, he was a pretty formidable character as well

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Thanks, Fingers. I appreciate that. To engage my highlander fantasy: "There can be only one". (I'll never get an opening like that again...)

however, KHAN is the title of the leader of the Mongrol hordes. An admirable fellow, but not of my family tree.

my name is spelled KAHN.

(..for the record, that's the "legal" version. My fathers parents came from Europe but for some reason the family name of KOHN was changed to KAHN at Ellis Island. Neither one of them ever spoke English well enough to notice the difference.

I'm told my Uncle ( a lawyer in NY years later...) officially changed the name to KAHN to clear the record or make it legal.
                    Alan apologies for the misspelling of your name!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      Alan apologies for the misspelling of your name!
                      NO problem! It's a very common error. Believe me, I've been called worse.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...