• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanoncs
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2009

Has anyone used the Everlast Durahide speed bag

It's a cheap bag that looks kind of carbon fiber. I just need some opinion's on it. http://www.everlast.com/durahide-speed-bag.html
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

It kind of reminds me of the pistol holster advertisements, where a holster maker would point out that they use horse leather which outlasts cow leather. I have yet to see a person to ever wear out a cow leather holster, including myself. Somewhere I read that a cow leather holster should last at least 15 years with heavy use.

The point being, does it really matter about how long the durahide will outlast the leather bags? Has anyone wore out a leather bag? Who only hits one bag?

I'd like to know how much lighter the carbon fiber bag is compared to the same size leather bag. Also would like to know how comfortable durahide is hitting bare fisted compared to leather. Is it really faster?

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I've seen these in the store, but not ever had the chance to actually hit one. I can't imagine it's better than leather in any way.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I've seen these in the store, but not ever had the chance to actually hit one. I can't imagine it's better than leather in any way.
        Me either.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Let us say "good leather" as the quality has been all over the place the last few years.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

It is the second bag I ever bought or hit. I liked it and still do. It was pretty quick and has a nice rebound. To me, it also feels fine although I prefer the real leather bags more. I did pop the bladder and when I replaced it, it seemed to be lighter. I will eventually (actually, with 20 bags I'll probably never get around to it), see if I can put a heavier bladder in it. It is a little too airy, but still cool to hit.
            With most of my fave bags on the road in the speed bag truck right now, I actually have this one up in my garage now. But compared to the Tuf Wear or the Lonsdale I just got, the Durahide flies! The other 2 are cold snails!
            I was real excited to try out the Lonsdale and was bummed when it felt so hard.
            BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...