• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soocalchic
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

Looking for locking clip replacement..

Hey guys and gals.. anyone know were i can find a replacment clip to a pro everlast swivel.. I havent even used the darn thing i was hanging the speed bag and managed to drop it and lost it.. TIA
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

soocalchic - Are you talking about the cotter pin that holds the U-bolt in place?

If so any harware store would have one....Lowe's, Home Depot, etc

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by soocalchic View Post
      Hey guys and gals.. anyone know were i can find a replacment clip to a pro everlast swivel.. I havent even used the darn thing i was hanging the speed bag and managed to drop it and lost it.. TIA
      Do mean this one? or this one?
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

soocalchic

I think you mean the standard chainlink swivel?

You can use duct tape to replace the locking clip.All it does is hold the
        open end link on the bag attachment link. You can put the open end link in place, squeeze it tight and wrap a strip of duct tape around the whole thing.

Look down the pictures on the above link and you will see the swivel in other pictures. I didn't show the duct tape idea, but you can take a normal piece of duct tape, which is about an inch wide. Tear it in half to make it about 1/2 inch or 1/4 in wide and wrap it tightly around the chain link. I use a strip about two inches long, which wraps around x2 or so. It holds well.

hope it helps.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jordan
          • Jun 2009

I agree with Alan, in fact when I'm using a chain link swivel, I don't even use the lock clip it just makes WAAY to much of a hassle changing out bags. A little bit of duct tape wrapped around the bracket will work much much better.

Comment

• soocalchic
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jun 2009

thanks for all the responses guys got the hubby to fix it for me..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...