• Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Everlast Adjustable Speedbag Platform
    $139.99
    A great all around platform. Doesn't come with a bag. I am not sure if a swivel is included. I can't remember. I think it does?? It adjusts based on locking into preset holes in the vertical bar on the right. They are spaced an inch or more apart.
    Great wood, very sturdy. You still need to weigh this board down for better rebound.

Anyhow.... just thoughts...
    SMP, my Everlast came with a chain link swivel.

Originally posted by MelloYello
    Pictures of the top portion ...
    That's awesome!
    Originally posted by MelloYello
    That is the 24" drum. The 24"er accommodates any size bag, the only reason for going to 30" is added stability (read weight). In the case of the non adjustable (at least this one), there's no need for additional weight.

I almost never hit boxing style any more unless I'm trying to punch drum in which case I use it to help keep the beat. I had the thing higher when I was training only to get my arms/shoulders conditioned to punching "up".

Since I ordered the sbb dvd I set the height as recommended (belly at mouth level)

I've tried a number of platforms (and own a few) as well as bags, to avoid analysis paralysis I periodically think: "what do I end up hitting the most?"
    The answer to that is I end up hitting my homegrown, non-adjustable, cage-style platform with a tuf-wear 5x8.

The only bag sizes I alternate with are 5x8 and 6x9. I made the platform to hit a 6 x 9 without shoes so when I hit the 5x8 I just throw on a pair of shoes
    The amount of ingenuity that goes into alot of these homemade platforms is just outstanding.
    sigpic

Comment

• utahboy1211
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2009

Hey everyone!

New to speed bag forum. I found this site googling about speed bagging. I wanted to get the everlast adjustable speedbag sytem for my garage. I tried to setup the freestanding century speedbag platform on my wall, but when i hit it it sounds like the whole house is shaking. I really like it so i figure i'll just buy a real one. I was wondering if the everlast adjustable on (which seems pretty popular here) is a good one compared to the century adjustable one for the same price ($99). and if they will still shake the house, or will it be minimal..? i am going to attach it directly to studs and put the wood down first to reduce the vibration. Thanks for the help you guys!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by utahboy1211 View Post
        I tried to setup the freestanding century speedbag platform on my wall, but when i hit it it sounds like the whole house is shaking. I really like it so i figure i'll just buy a real one. I was wondering if the everlast adjustable on (which seems pretty popular here) is a good one compared to the century adjustable one for the same price ($99). and if they will still shake the house, or will it be minimal..? i am going to attach it directly to studs and put the wood down first to reduce the vibration. Thanks for the help you guys!
        Most any wall mount is going to cause some kind of vibration through the rest of the house. Attaching wood to the studs, then attaching the platform to the wall will reduce, but not eliminate the sound.

You can also try these things:
        1. Use a SMALLER bag. like a 8x5 instead of a 10x7
        2. Use a plastic ball hook swivel, which is much quieter than a metal ball hook, probably quieter than the other types (chain link ) as well.
        3. Throw a 50 lb sand bag on top of the platform. Bag it up in a trash bag and tape it up good first.

Hope that helps! The Everlast adjustable platform is excellent.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by utahboy1211 View Post
          Hey everyone!

New to speed bag forum. I found this site googling about speed bagging. I wanted to get the everlast adjustable speedbag sytem for my garage. I tried to setup the freestanding century speedbag platform on my wall, but when i hit it it sounds like the whole house is shaking. I really like it so i figure i'll just buy a real one. I was wondering if the everlast adjustable on (which seems pretty popular here) is a good one compared to the century adjustable one for the same price ($99). and if they will still shake the house, or will it be minimal..? i am going to attach it directly to studs and put the wood down first to reduce the vibration. Thanks for the help you guys!
          Welcome utahboy.I used to have a Century freestanding speed bag/heavy bag and got tired of it. The Everlast is a good buy for the price. Mine is in my garage so I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you about mounting in your actual home, but I'm very satisfied with it. Try Tim's advice about using a smaller bag and the plastic ball hook swivel and see how that works out for you.
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...