• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donnas7kids
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2009

Delurking Mom

Finally delurking here! I'm a homeschool mom (yes I really have 7 kids) who just LOVES to hit the bag. I got so bored with the treadmill and my feet got numb after a while on the elliptical so I got hooked on the bag. Nothing better than hitting the bag with my tunes after a long day of homeschooling! My oldest son is 12 and hits the bag pretty well, so I'm also playing around with the heavy bag a little.

I've really enjoyed all the video clips on this site. It motivates me to try something new. I'm finally getting doubles and singles but still working on elbows. I just purchased my own swivel and old fashioned red leather everlast bag so that when they have a lousy bag up at the Y I can swap it out for my good one.

My biggest fan is my 20 month old.

Would be interested in a plan for an excellent cardio workout using both bags and finding out how many calories one burns on either bag.

Keep posting the videos!!!!
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Donna, you've got that right, the speedbag and double end bags make working out fun. The time just flies by.

To give you an idea of your workout, you may want to try one of those cardio watches. I have one that has a strap that goes around your lower chest and the watch tells you your heartbeat.

I think it is so unique for the women that hit speed bags. You should be proud of yourself.

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Donna, 7 kids, and a homeschooling mom, wow!!! Kudos for finding the time to speedbag. Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to uncover great information about hitting the bags. You also may want to check out Alan's (aka Speedbag) site. He has a ton of information also. Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Welcome Donna!! 7 kids!? God Bless ya!! I got my fill with 3 lol. Lots of great folks here. Hope to see more posts from you.
        sigpic

Comment

• Kaju Dog
          • Jul 2009

Welcome Donna

Glad to have you on board.

Goodtimes.

Much respect for what your doing, I have 3 of my own and my oldest is 10. She likes bagging also but is just getting started.

Dean

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hi Donna. 7 kids and still time to get into baggin'???? Wow! You must be an amazing multi-tasking time manager!
            I have twin 6 1/2 yr. old girls. One is into baggin'. FCP's, FDP's and some fist rolls for now!
            Welcome and bag on!

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

HI Donna,

Welcome!! Always great to have a new bag family join us. You and seven kids? They should make a TV show. Something like, "8 is enough".

Wait, they did that.....

Anyway, keep punching and we look foreward to some video of you and the kids punching.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Welcome aboard!

Bigger speed bags such as 10x7 hit at a good rate of speed will give you some good cardio workout, at least it does for me...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...