X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaju Dog
    • Jul 2009

Spashing Hands

As I was reading the thread on "Warm up/Cool down" I searched for any thread / post on hitting the speed bag with an open hand.

Off an on throughout my work with the "Control Bag" , one of the routines that I enjoy is slapping the bag with the open hand; Palm, Back Hand, Chopping palm, claw, etc.

Anyone else played with this. I originally got into and have kept at the bag work because of my Martial Arts background.

I do quite a bit of hand conditioning (Iron Palm / Heavy Hands, etc)

From a non aggressive posture; ie "I surrender - Hands up", I begin to strike the bag with an open hand palm strike and roll into a backhand strike.

For lack of better / more politically correct term - "The Bitch Slap" routine.

I also teach my students to start off working the "Control Bag" with an open hand for more Control and to get them to relax and not be so tense starting off.

Comments???

PS
    Sorry for the BS routine comment. No disrespect intended.

Respectfully,
    Dean
    KD
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kaju Dog View Post
    As I was reading the thread on "Warm up/Cool down" I searched for any thread / post on hitting the speed bag with an open hand.

Off an on throughout my work with the "Control Bag" , one of the routines that I enjoy is slapping the bag with the open hand; Palm, Back Hand, Chopping palm, claw, etc.

Anyone else played with this. I originally got into and have kept at the bag work because of my Martial Arts background.

I do quite a bit of hand conditioning (Iron Palm / Heavy Hands, etc)

From a non aggressive posture; ie "I surrender - Hands up", I begin to strike the bag with an open hand palm strike and roll into a backhand strike.

For lack of better / more politically correct term - "The Bitch Slap" routine.

I also teach my students to start off working the "Control Bag" with an open hand for more Control and to get them to relax and not be so tense starting off.

Comments???

PS
    Sorry for the BS routine comment. No disrespect intended.

Respectfully,
    Dean
    KD
    yes, sir. Martial arts open hand strikes are workable on the speed bag. I played with these a lot years ago.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...