Review: everlast 8x5 $9.99 bag at title (bumped up to 24.99)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonDMX2
    • Feb 2008

See the bag was bumped from 9.99 to 24.99, they must have caught wind of some orders and decided to capitalize... Luckily I picked up one at 9.99. The welting on the seams was horrible and stuck out more than I have ever seen so I scraped it with a utility knife and tried to shave off as much as I could and then treated it with some mink oil. They're down to the point where they don't affect the rebound much anymore like they were. But...Just as that became all good the strap ripped right out of the top of the bag. I had this problem on an 8x13 bag and after it came out I saw the stitching ran off the side of the strap so it's strength was obviously compromised when everlast let it leave the line. This new 8x5 bag though had all the stiching on the strap, although it was crooked. Hopefully everlast/title will get me a replacement because I haven't had this bag for much over 30 days (shipped 4-22-09) and I really haven't used it much. As much as I've beat on my yellow title 8x5 and never had any problems besides the original bladder giving out I'm beginning to become impressed with the title bags Maybe it's just everlast's lackluster quality as of late/bad luck with their bags, who knows.

Update: Minutes after sending an e-mail through everlast's website title customer service e-mailed me back with instructions for return/exchange (every time I e-mail everlast title customer service responds..?)
    Last edited by JasonDMX2; 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Jason - there was a thread several months back that addressed this bag. I don't think anyone had issues with the loop.

Let's hope that Everlast makes good on a replacement for you. Keep us posted.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I haven't seen a Big Red 4208 like that in years. It's a beast. I still have a 4210, which is the bag used for all the technique pictures in the SBB.

The black bag in the picture underneath is an Everlast 4200.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...