• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2009

Deciding between three bags

I am a total beginner, and this forum has already helped me to avoid making expensive mistakes. As for the best bag to get for a beginner, I've narrowed it down to three--they are all about the same price, give or take a few dollars:

title 10x7 (SB-7) http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html

Rival Precision large (7" x 10") http://store.titleboxing.com/rival-p...peed-bags.html

Pro-Mex Large (7: x 10") on sale for $29.95 http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html

Or any other bag you think would be good.

Thanks!
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Probably can't go wrong with any of those, I would probably go with the Title 10x7 myself. The rival bags feel heavier to me. The Pro-Mex , while I've never hit one, looks a lot like the Title - which I do own and use on a regular basis.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Also - don't fall for the regular price of $69.99 on those pro-mex bags. They were previously 39.99 if memory serves. I have NOT EVER seen them priced at $69.99. They are inflating the reg price to make the sale price look like a much better deal.

Comment

• Paul
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2009

Thanks, Tim. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Probably can't go wrong with any of those, I would probably go with the Title 10x7 myself. The rival bags feel heavier to me. The Pro-Mex , while I've never hit one, looks a lot like the Title - which I do own and use on a regular basis.
          I own and hit one also. It is a bit "heavier" than the title yellow 8x5. I would prefer the Title.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

You should probably go ahead and get the title yellow 8 x 5 instead of a 10 x 7 bag. With regular practice, you'll get good real soon. As a beginner, you might want to take the 8x5 bag and underinflate it a little bit. This way it will move slower and make it easier for you to hit. As your skill level increases, you can pump the bag up a little to make it move faster. I am just trying to save you some money. Once you get good, chances are the 10x7 bag will be sitting around collecting dust.

Comment

• Kyle
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2006

rivals bag are well built but they are definatly heavier than most bags...i wud sugest you start with a heavier 8x5 or light 9x5 to start.
              ________
              Laguna Bay Condominium Pattaya
              Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• JasonDMX2
                • Feb 2008

10x7 or 9x6 is a great bag to start on

The pro-mex stuff is a copy of mexican style (cleto reyes) gear

Also consider everlast professional bags, I ordered one of the new 9x6 and it has a great rebound.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...