• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RochesterDave
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jul 2008

Title Bags/Thanks Everyone

the main reason i appreciate this forum so much is the advice, encouragement, and reviews of bag products. reviews of any type of speed bag equipment is usually tough to find. so, when i was thinking of buying some protection for my weather torn hands (i'm a northeast bagger), there was Alan's review and recommendation of the harbinger gloves. great gloves in every way. then, needed to upgrade to a metal ball swivel. there was Alan's (and others of course) review for the watkins (no plastic). purchased it, havent looked back. beautiful swivel, for i had only been using everlast plastic ball swivel. and for my 3rd 'upgrade', was looking for some new bags. the title bags were highly praised on this site, from everyone. so, once again, on recommendation (specifically from tim, who is always suggesting title bags), bought the 8x5 gold and 9x6 red bags. i love them. they hit nice and feel as if they are a bit more centered than the everlast bags i have, same size. this is basically a thank you to all involved in this wonderful site. take it from me, this info is/was not easy to come by. on top of that, i havent even mentioned the valuable instruction i've gotten here. this is an amazing forum. everyone here is great and i love listening and learning from you all!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by sbkidd73 View Post
    the main reason i appreciate this forum so much is the advice, encouragement, and reviews of bag products. reviews of any type of speed bag equipment is usually tough to find. so, when i was thinking of buying some protection for my weather torn hands (i'm a northeast bagger), there was Alan's review and recommendation of the harbinger gloves. great gloves in every way. then, needed to upgrade to a metal ball swivel. there was Alan's (and others of course) review for the watkins (no plastic). purchased it, havent looked back. beautiful swivel, for i had only been using everlast plastic ball swivel. and for my 3rd 'upgrade', was looking for some new bags. the title bags were highly praised on this site, from everyone. so, once again, on recommendation (specifically from tim, who is always suggesting title bags), bought the 8x5 gold and 9x6 red bags. i love them. they hit nice and feel as if they are a bit more centered than the everlast bags i have, same size. this is basically a thank you to all involved in this wonderful site. take it from me, this info is/was not easy to come by. on top of that, i havent even mentioned the valuable instruction i've gotten here. this is an amazing forum. everyone here is great and i love listening and learning from you all!

Your statements remind of a few lines from shakespeare:

"...This story shall the good man teach his son;
    And online internet forums shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we Bag of Brothers;
    For he to-day that shares his bag, board and swivel
    with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This Forum shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in Pilates, or weight rooms or now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That posted with us upon this speed bag forum
    ..."

...more or less

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Your statements remind of a few lines from shakespeare:

"...This story shall the good man teach his son;
      And online internet forums shall ne'er go by,
      From this day to the ending of the world,
      But we in it shall be remembered-
      We few, we happy few, we Bag of Brothers;
      For he to-day that shares his bag, board and swivel
      with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
      This Forum shall gentle his condition;
      And gentlemen in Pilates, or weight rooms or now-a-bed
      Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
      And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
      That posted with us upon this speed bag forum
      ..."

...more or less

Speedbag, that was awesome and beautiful all at once!
      I can only say, "For those about to Bag, we salute you!!!!!"

Comment

• dax_q
        • Jan 2008

Quick question about the Watkins swivel you bought. Did it come with the new smaller hook? I called today and the guy I spoke to didn't know anything about different hooks. I need to get this resolved because my plastic everlast is about to go and I don't want to buy the swivel with that long hook
        Thanks
        Dax

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dax_q View Post
          Quick question about the Watkins swivel you bought. Did it come with the new smaller hook? I called today and the guy I spoke to didn't know anything about different hooks. I need to get this resolved because my plastic everlast is about to go and I don't want to buy the swivel with that long hook
          Thanks
          Dax

I don't know if they ever created the shorter hook. If the longer hook was the only option, personally I would still get it.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

When I first ordered that swivel (about a year ago) it came with the longer S-hook. I called up after I received it and asked about the shorter one. They sent it out, and I got it in a few days. Still using it and very happy with it.

Read this thread.
            Last edited by Biff; 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• dax_q
              • Jan 2008

Thanks for the respones. I finally spoke to somebody there and they told me that their hook was "industry standard" but it was shorter than before. I don't really know what that means. I bought it anyway as my plastic everlast is about to go. I will let you guys know when I get it. Anybody out there know where I can get a small carabiner. Home depot didn't have what I was looking for. I was thinking if the hook is too long, I would take it off and put a small biner on there. Anybody out there tried that?
              -Dax

Comment

• RochesterDave
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jul 2008

in watching alan's review, i initially thought the hook would throw things off a bit by being too long. when i received it, i was pleasantly surprised in that it really didn't seem to be any different from my previous everlast plastic swivels, as far as hook length. i would suggest giving it a try first, prior to any work that you may want to do. might be just fine for ya!

Comment

• dax_q
                  • Jan 2008

Hey guys,
                  So I got the watkins swivel today. Thanks for all the help. The length of the swivel is the same as my old everlast plastic ball hook. It is isn't bad, but I think I might put the everlast hook on there. It is just a better quality hook. Other than that, I like the swivel. It is much faster. Attached is a video after about two minutes of hitting. I found the plastic everlast easier to control, but I am looking forward to the challenge of learning this swivel.
                  Dax

Still learning.....Just got a new swivel, the Watkins Ball Hook. It is a little faster than the everlast plastic one. Had a little trouble keeping up here ...

Comment

• Jordan
                    • Jun 2009

Speedbag....in response to your poetry above, LMAO, very inventive, you guys all have such a great attitude, and clearly a great love of your sport, I'm glad I could become a part of it.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      Speedbag....in response to your poetry above, LMAO, very inventive, you guys all have such a great attitude, and clearly a great love of your sport, I'm glad I could become a part of it.
                      Thanks, but most of the credit should go to William Shakespeare, because I borrowed a bit from his play "Henry the V".

Now there's a man who could turn a phrase.

Like in Richard III , when he meant to say..... "A Bag, A Bag, My kingdom for a Bag!"

and yes, we do have a great love and dedication to our sport. Glad you joined us. There's no admission fee to be a part, just a love of the speed bag inside your heart.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...