• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weisser
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2009

Bag Rotating?

About a month ago, I bought an Everlast Top Pro swivel and a size small Everlast bag. Everything seemed okay for a while, but the last day or so, the bag seems to want to spin clockwise. I also noticed that the swivel seems to cock to the right when it is hanging still. The bag seems to get less accurate when it spins halfway around, and it jams me up sometimes.

Is this most likely 1. A problem with the swivel 2. A problem with the bag 3. a problem with my technique?

Also, is there one swivel out there that is considered the smoothest and most accurate? I don't mind paying for quality.

Thanks!
  • Karl55
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2007

Hi Weisser

This is just my opinion: Take a look at the photos..This is my favorite swivel I tried the ball and hook type but was not happy with it. The swivel I use cost about $34.00 remember you get what you pay for. My other opinion is that the base must be leveled, and the bag must be balanced that is as simple as putting the strings inside the bag. If they are hanging out of the bag then you have more weight to the side the strings are hanging on. If you have any tags on the bag I just remove them. The blatter must be centered inside the bag as well. Then you will have a true bounce on the platform. Again take a look at my photos and hope this helps!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I have found when a bag spins one way a lot, it is warped to that side, or has something that pre-disposese to make it swing/spin that was.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BobMilnover
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2013

Thank you

Originally posted by Karl55 View Post
        This is just my opinion: Take a look at the photos..This is my favorite swivel I tried the ball and hook type but was not happy with it. The swivel I use cost about $34.00 remember you get what you pay for. My other opinion is that the base must be leveled, and the bag must be balanced that is as simple as putting the strings inside the bag. If they are hanging out of the bag then you have more weight to the side the strings are hanging on. If you have any tags on the bag I just remove them. The blatter must be centered inside the bag as well. Then you will have a true bounce on the platform. Again take a look at my photos and hope this helps!!
        This is all vey helpful.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...