• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheCrowing
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2009

Bag Stand Warped!

I just set up my heavy bag stand and 80lb heavy bag, and after 3 min on it I noticed that the frame was warped and had ripples throughout it. Also the center of the side bars are squished in significantly. I followed all the instructions and set everything up correctly, this is a 100 dollar everlast stand made to widthstand 100 lb bags so I'm wondering if this is at all normal? Thanks for the help.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by TheCrowing View Post
    I just set up my heavy bag stand and 80lb heavy bag, and after 3 min on it I noticed that the frame was warped and had ripples throughout it. Also the center of the side bars are squished in significantly. I followed all the instructions and set everything up correctly, this is a 100 dollar everlast stand made to widthstand 100 lb bags so I'm wondering if this is at all normal? Thanks for the help.
    Without seeing the stand it would be hard to tell. Maybe the steel was warped out of the box. Or did it Bend or "crunch" after you hung the bag on it.? If the stand is starting to give way or bend due to that bag then I would say no, it is not normal.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TheCrowing
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2009

It was fine out of the box, I assume it happened from the weight of the bag. Although I have used it afterwards and Its not getting worse, it was only at first that this happened. I guess I should call Everlast

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Can you post pics? The last Everlast stand I had, I had to beat it with a hammer to get it to go together. Their entry level consumer line of equipment can be vary greatly in quality from one unit to the next...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...