• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

Everlast Durahide Speed Bag

Has anyone tryed one of the new everlast bag? Im just interested on peoples opinions of it. Also what in the world is "Durahide?"

________
    Marijuana Card
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:45 AM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Durahide = not leather.

I've seen these in sports authority, etc. Must be their new entry level product. The texture doesn't seem half bad though, but I haven't actually hit one.

Comment

• Murph
      • Jan 2009

Hello, I'm new to this whole speed-baggin thing and love it! I have this bag and popped it in a month due to over inflating to make it a bit faster-rookie mistake...I dug this bag to learn on...the bladder was thick black rubber and after replacing with an everlast bladder from title-the bag is no good now it's way too light and balloon like-so my go to bag right now it the title 8x5 witch I love but need to go back up a size (or 2) to get elbows & side linking...
      This site has been a big help...THANK YOU

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by spaceape007 View Post
        Hello, I'm new to this whole speed-baggin thing and love it! I have this bag and popped it in a month due to over inflating to make it a bit faster-rookie mistake...I dug this bag to learn on...the bladder was thick black rubber and after replacing with an everlast bladder from title-the bag is no good now it's way too light and balloon like-so my go to bag right now it the title 8x5 witch I love but need to go back up a size (or 2) to get elbows & side linking...
        This site has been a big help...THANK YOU
        I was about to write the same thing as spaceape! I pooped the black bladder, replaced it with an Everlast orange one, and it is way too light! It's a bummer because it felt nice to hit and the rebound was good. I threw the original bladder out and don't know if I can now get another black replacement. Maybe a call to Everlast explaining this and requesting a duplicate replacement in a kind manner would increase the chances .....

They have been pretty cool on the phone with backorders and replacing a bum Tufwear bag that had the seams ripped in a few days.
        Tim... on another note...how did you put the picture of the bags up at the bottom all your posts? I like that....
        And is that same pic blurred on the site itself so as not to favor Title?
        Last edited by spinsmashpop; 01-11-2009, 01:54 PM. Reason: added more stuff....

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Durahide = not leather.

I've seen these in sports authority, etc. Must be their new entry level product. The texture doesn't seem half bad though, but I haven't actually hit one.
          cool good to know. i thought thats what they were replacing there leather bags with.
          ________
          How to roll a joint
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            I pooped the black bladder...
            Here's a tip ... don't eat them!!!!

Tim... on another note...how did you put the picture of the bags up at the bottom all your posts? I like that....
            Go to the User CP, click "Edit Signature", then on the right, there is a place you can upload a signature image. There are strict size limitations (not larger than 500x100, and less than 20Kb).

Once you upload put [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] into the text of the signature, along with any text you may want, then save, and that should do it!

And is that same pic blurred on the site itself so as not to favor Title?
            Yes, trying to keep things unbiased, but I'm not artistically gifted to create my own stuff, I can only take images off the web and modify them.

Plus, I don't want to get sued! I'm sure they don't mind anyone being a loyal fan and advocate for their products, but I don't want anyone to think the site is officially affiliated with them ...

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Here's a tip ... don't eat them!!!!

Go to the User CP, click "Edit Signature", then on the right, there is a place you can upload a signature image. There are strict size limitations (not larger than 500x100, and less than 20Kb).

Once you upload put [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] into the text of the signature, along with any text you may want, then save, and that should do it!

Yes, trying to keep things unbiased, but I'm not artistically gifted to create my own stuff, I can only take images off the web and modify them.

Plus, I don't want to get sued! I'm sure they don't mind anyone being a loyal fan and advocate for their products, but I don't want anyone to think the site is officially affiliated with them ...
              Hahahaha... "I pooped the bladder".... great reply to that Tim!
              Well obviously I "popped" the bladder. I don't want anyone thinking things are getting too wacky at my place! Thanks for the signature info!

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Hahahaha... "I pooped the bladder".... great reply to that Tim!
                Well obviously I "popped" the bladder. I don't want anyone thinking things are getting too wacky at my place! Thanks for the signature info!
                If you're poopin' bladders you're taking this waaaaay to seriously.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...