• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baglady
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2008

I am addicted!

This is crazy...but I can't wait for the weekend to be over so I can get to my Monday workout with the speed bag at my local fitness place! I am officially addicted AND improving!

My first post was on 12/12 and since then I've been trying to get in as many workouts as I can, usually 3-4 per week.

I bought the Speed Bag Bible and pretty much read it for 3 days, digesting the parts that I am ready for as a newbie. Saw as many YOuTube videos of of speed baggers as I could too (I love that video with the 83 year old guy!). Santa brought me some new Harbinger gloves so I'm not hitting bare knuckled anymore.

I'm now doing some of the beginner rhythms I read about in the Speed Bag Bible book, and have put together my own work out routines. Am focusing on accuracy and efficiency and viola! my speed is improving without even trying! It's like I get in the "zone" and I totally forget about everything except that little bag and how much I enjoy punching it.

In the meantime, I can see the muscle tone improving on my arms and my old frozen shoulder pain has gone away as my shoulder muscles are getting toned and stronger.

The ultimate compliment was the earlier this week when I took my 14 year old son to work out with me at the gym and he walks by the speed bag and says "wow, mom! Your doing real good! Show me how to do that!"

Anyhow, ladies, it's a great workout so check it out!

My 2009 Resolution:
    To post my own speed bag video on this forum! yeah!

Baglady
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Welcome to the forum, baglady. It sounds like you're "hooked." If you're going to get addicted to something, why not the speed bag? There's no better place than this forum to get answers to your questions and get advice from the best under the board.

Looking forward to your videos.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Glad to hear you're hooked You are in good company here.

Post your video sooner rather than later, you'll get great feedback that will help you improve even more.

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

Thats what we like to hear!

More vids.
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by baglady View Post
          .....B]The ultimate compliment was the earlier this week when I took my 14 year old son to work out with me at the gym and he walks by the speed bag and says "wow, mom! Your doing real good! Show me how to do that!"[/B] Baglady
          Simply put, it doesn't get any better than that. Bring families (as well as strangers) closer together under the board to punch the bag together. What Mom or Dad wouldn't give the price of a bag to make that happen with their teenage children?

Thanks for a great post. We know your addiction. The best treatment is to share it with everyone else.

Looking forward to your video's. This is one of the few places on the 'net where you can post a video of any skill level and get specific online tutorial advice for improvement.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• baglady
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkk......

I was so excited to get to the forum tonite to put up this post....You see, I got "addicted" to speed bag workout at a gym I used to go to...loved it! That was 18 months ago!

Then they unexpectedly closed down and I could not find a new gym with a speed bag! I searched high and low, but no speed bags at these new-fangled sissy gym/social clubs we have now.

So I begged Santa to get me one for Christmas and he did!

Then I begged Santa for 4 months to mount it on the wall and tonite we finally got it on the wall! I am sitting here with happy, sore knuckles glad to be typing this in tonite.

Actually am looking back thru my old posts because I remember posting my work out on here, i want to get back into my routine and get things going again.

i still want to post a video, so will be getting back here soon!

Baglady

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by baglady View Post
              I was so excited to get to the forum tonite to put up this post....You see, I got "addicted" to speed bag workout at a gym I used to go to...loved it! That was 18 months ago!
              Welcome back!

Then they unexpectedly closed down and I could not find a new gym with a speed bag! I searched high and low, but no speed bags at these new-fangled sissy gym/social clubs we have now.
              I fled the local commercial gym 3 years ago and never looked back. The choice of music in my garage is much better

So I begged Santa to get me one for Christmas and he did!

Then I begged Santa for 4 months to mount it on the wall and tonite we finally got it on the wall! I am sitting here with happy, sore knuckles glad to be typing this in tonite.

Actually am looking back thru my old posts because I remember posting my work out on here, i want to get back into my routine and get things going again.

i still want to post a video, so will be getting back here soon!

Baglady
              Looking forward to it! and very glad to hear you are back on the bag!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome back!

Welcome back to the Bagging side of Life, baglady.

Can't wait to see some video footage of you and your addiction.
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...