• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Import cost

I have just received my new Everlast 6x4!! this bag is not available in the UK so i ordered it direct from Everlast USA, the bag cost $29.99 (£18.30) the post and packaging was an unbelievable $43.40 (£26.62) but i decided to pay as this was the only way of getting the bag...then the UPS delivery driver told me i had to pay another £14 ($22.81) import tax and brokerage fee, so my bag has cost a grand total of £58.92 ($96) plus whatever the bank charges me!! the moral of this story...beware hidden Internet costs.
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Hey fingers, if you find that bag too small for your big fists then I'll have it off you..........less the tax!

I too had to pay a stupid amount of import tax for my Title bag and swivel. I'm waiting for sugar rays to take delivery of their Everlast bags as I'm wanting the 8x5. They told me they may increase the prices as the pound is too weak against the dollar.

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Hay UK!! i'me not allowed to try it until Thursday (my birthday) but i cant imagine me parting with it mate!! I've got the Everlast5x8 too its a great bag short and fat with a really short loop! works great with the pro swivel just the right weight! i'me sure you will enjoy using it mate, that's the 5x8 in my picture....the one in a blur.
      Last edited by fingers; 12-29-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• andy302
        • Nov 2008

hi fingers i was thinking of getting a everlast elite platform from title in usa but i think ill stick with the platform ive got sounds like i get hammered with costs on something that big.

Comment

• dax_q
          • Jan 2008

Shit guys. If you want stuff from the U.S., ask the board. I got a 4x6 this christmas also. It is really small. I am sure we could buy it here and ship it over to the U.K. much cheaper.
          -Dax

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dax_q View Post
            Shit guys. If you want stuff from the U.S., ask the board. I got a 4x6 this christmas also. It is really small. I am sure we could buy it here and ship it over to the U.K. much cheaper.
            -Dax
            Nice one dax! What a gent you are. I'll keep that in mind for my next purchase, not that I can go spending much. This is great news for us overseas speed baggers as our online shops don't carry anthing like your US shops. I'm gonna give Sugar Rays a call tomorrow and if they haven't taken delivery then, i'll give you a shout. They keep telling me "Wednesday, we're taking delivery" but, Wednesday never comes.
            Last edited by ukspeedbag; 12-30-2008, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

-Dax

I sent stuff overseas occassionally.
              On the customs form at the USPO, mark it "gift" with a value under $20.00. Don't include any sales receipts or invoices with the gift.

Many countries charge much less or zero for "gifts" under a certain value.

note:

European Union Countries: Zero duty and taxes applied if the value of the gift is less than 45 Euros. (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom).

at the exchange rate today, 45 Euros is about $64.00 US
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Originally posted by andy302 View Post
                hi fingers i was thinking of getting a everlast elite platform from title in usa but i think ill stick with the platform ive got sounds like i get hammered with costs on something that big.
                Andy Sugar rays do some nice platforms in the UK! i bought a cheap platform £40 and modified it with a piece of kitchen worktop! there are some before and after photos on my profile page well worth the effort ..solid as a rock.

Comment

• fingers
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • May 2008

-Dax
                  Nice one dax!! we seem to be behind the USA in the speed bag department thanks for the offer mate its things like this that make this forum such a great place

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    I sent stuff overseas occassionally.
                    On the customs form at the USPO, mark it "gift" with a value under $20.00. Don't include any sales receipts or invoices with the gift.

Many countries charge much less or zero for "gifts" under a certain value.

note:

European Union Countries: Zero duty and taxes applied if the value of the gift is less than 45 Euros. (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom).

at the exchange rate today, 45 Euros is about $64.00 US
                    Thanks Speed bag!! i bought your book via Amazon UK because i was concerned about the shipping etc, i hope you still make something out of it, great book by the way.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      Andy Sugar rays do some nice platforms in the UK! i bought a cheap platform £40 and modified it with a piece of kitchen worktop! there are some before and after photos on my profile page well worth the effort ..solid as a rock.
                      That's what I done!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...