• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Bible

Well guys i have finally taken the plunge and ordered Alan's speed bag bible!! i am a boxing bagger through and trough but thought i would see if you can teach an old dog new tricks will keep you posted. Fingers.
  • andy302
    • Nov 2008

me to mate i did amature boxing for three years so thats how i do the speedbag to but trying new things.

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Hey, thats good stuff guy's!

I been checkin out a lot of Floyd Mayweather Jr fights and I do tend to notice a lot of recoiling with his elbows up high, almost like an outwards or sideways double elbow strike.

Hatton tried to draw notice to this in the undefeated bout, but to no avail. Floyd gets in close range and when he swings and misses he often adds the forearm or elbow for back up. But particularly with his right he almost always recoils with his elbow high and often collects on the return. I don't know if it is legal or not, I wouldn't think so, but who is to say he is not just returning to his normal stance. I guess its just one of those grey area's which fringes on the line of dirty fighting.

Although I havn't seen any footage of it, but I would think its a pretty safe bet that Floyd would be fairly profficient at throwing elbow strikes, double and triple, on the speed bag just as all of us SBB apostles.

It has been argued wheather or not any of these speed bag techniques would serve any advantage in a fight, being in the ring or on the street. Let us know what works and what doesn't.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• andy302
        • Nov 2008

mayweather jr does use his elbows but alot of fighters do mike tyson was known for rocking his oppents with elbow strikes its some thing they are taught quite young i think but mayweather jr is talented he"s so fast with incredble defence and balence just wish he was"nt so arrogant Alot of boxing clubs dont use the speed bag anymore witch i think is a shame it helped me a lot when i was boxing with speed and timing.
        Last edited by andy302; 12-19-2008, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Well my shiny new speedbag bible arived today!! and have just been informed that i cant use it till Christmas!! because Mrs Fingers said she bought it for me as a Christmas present! so come !!boxing day!! i will be in the garage trying out some new moves! it will give me a whole new outlook on the bag...not just speed i find it a great part of my shoulder workout i always do sets of weights between 2 minute rounds on the bag!! this really gets the delts burning

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Well my shiny new speedbag bible arived today!! and have just been informed that i cant use it till Christmas!! because Mrs Fingers said she bought it for me as a Christmas present! so come !!boxing day!! i will be in the garage trying out some new moves!
            is that some sort of form of torture?
            ________
            SexyyyLips cam
            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              is that some sort of form of torture?
              It wouldn't be hard to get one...

I know a guy who will give you a deal and throw in some unseen footage to boot.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...