• Show
Clear All
  • Bruce.M
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2008

How about this set?

Hello,everyone!
    New guy from China.

I should have browsed so many tech FAQ before post.But I can wait no longer for my first speed bag set,and a number of topics is not easy for a non-native English speaker.

I do wanna a Everlast ball swivel,but I can't find one.
    Finally I find a set in one online shop.The swivel seems not very good.But I worry the board most:it's thin(about 1 inch),and small(diameter is 24 inches).I used to play a set with bad design. The chain swivel got stuck easily. The board was so small that the belly of bag always run out of it.Bag bounded erratical.

There're several pics from seller.experienced players please gimme some advices.

Last edited by Bruce.M; 12-02-2008, 07:24 PM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I can't see the pics, it looks like some kind of default image... can you post them as attachments?

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Nee hou?

My fellow bagger, a 24" drum (board) is fine, in fact my 1st platform was used with a 24" drum and i did have one problem with it, but that wasn't with the size of the drum, it was more to do with the assembly. So the only piece of advice I have if using a 24" drum is that you construct it so that you give yourself ample space between the wall and the edge of your drum. As you say, some bags may rebound from close to the belly of the bag, give yourself room for the bag to swing without it scaping the wall, and the same could be said about your fists too.

BTW, those plastic Everlast ball and hook swivel are still in production and they're pretty good. You might want to try and get your hands on one of them.

Good luck, Compardre & Adios
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bruce.M View Post
        Hello,everyone!
        New guy from China.

I should have browsed so many tech FAQ before post.But I can wait no longer for my first speed bag set,and a number of topics is not easy for a non-native English speaker.

I do wanna a Everlast ball swivel,but I can't find one.
        Bruce, go to the "PM" section (personal message) of this forum and send me your shipping address in China - just in case I find a metal everlast ballhook looking for a board.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...