• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anxa29
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2008

Speed bag and swivel for home trainer!

Hello everyone, first of all is beautiful writing on a forum dedicated only to the speed bag.
    I want to ask which swivel in between these photos (1, 2, 3) and what speed bag small (6x4, 8x5) could buy for home trainer.
    I was seeing the speed bag rival but in Italy they aren't, same thing for the speed bag EVERLAST professional 6x4 "

I wanted to ask (for those who have) and how that size has the speed bag EVERLAST EV4215 and Lonsdale speed bag

Thank you!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hi Anxa29,

Welcome to the forum.

As for the swivels shown, I would prefer #2. The others are too big, bulky and will hit Klunky. (slow).

I can't really comment on the bag choices for I haven't personally hit either one.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Anxa29
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hi Anxa29,

Welcome to the forum.

As for the swivels shown, I would prefer #2. The others are too big, bulky and will hit Klunky. (slow).

I can't really comment on the bag choices for I haven't personally hit either one.
      Thank you for the quickly response and comment on the swivel.
      Unfortunately in Italy are not commercialized the speed bag 6x4", the EVERLAST etc are in the size 10x7" (but then become too slow)
      For the swivel # 2, definitely take it. While the two swivel (#1 and #3) a "mesh chain" as a choice?

P.S.
      To increase the ability to the speed bag, is good a 8x5" (Sphinx size S)?

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Anxa29 View Post
        Thank you for the quickly response and comment on the swivel.
        Unfortunately in Italy are not commercialized the speed bag 6x4", the EVERLAST etc are in the size 10x7" (but then become too slow)
        For the swivel # 2, definitely take it. While the two swivel (#1 and #3) a "mesh chain" as a choice?

P.S.
        To increase the ability to the speed bag, is good a 8x5" (Sphinx size S)?
        6x4 bags are challenging and you will find it probably too challenging (assuming you are a beginner). 8x5 is not a bad size, but the bags can vary by weight. Most beginners will prefer a heavier bag. 9x6 is a good size for a beginner once you've mastered 10x7, and it sounds like you have if 10x7 is too slow.

Certainly swivels #1 and #3 will work if you have access to nothing else, but #2 is preferred. The general rule with swivels is less = better.

Comment

• Anxa29
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          6x4 bags are challenging and you will find it probably too challenging (assuming you are a beginner). 8x5 is not a bad size, but the bags can vary by weight. Most beginners will prefer a heavier bag. 9x6 is a good size for a beginner once you've mastered 10x7, and it sounds like you have if 10x7 is too slow.

Certainly swivels #1 and #3 will work if you have access to nothing else, but #2 is preferred. The general rule with swivels is less = better.
          Ok!

I'm not an expert nor a beginner (fifty-fifty). In the gym I training with a speed bag EVERLAST 9x6 but now I find it rather easy, so I tried a speed bag 6x4 or 8x5.
          Unfortunately the only speed bag that I find in Italian stores are: Sphinx (8x5), Lonsdale (8x5), Everlast EV4210-EV4226 (10x7), Leone1947 (9x6), Vandal (9x6), Top ring (8x5). Among these would be more oriented to the Sphinx and Lonsdale. Advice from experts (between speed bag of other size)?

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Swivel #1, like any other chainlink swivel, should be fast. I have experience with two chainlinks - everlast (lightning fast) and ringside(slightly slower because it is longer). The ringside is a big and bulky swivel, but nevertheless, it is fast and satisfying to use. Good luck!!

Comment

• Anxa29
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2008

Hi and happy new year! I write because i want to see you my speed bag platform that I ato-built and the speed bag choose according to your advice. The speed is very good (I bought both swivel) and the noise is lower, even if the neighbor doesn't like! The vibrations are absent and this makes the scroll very good speed bag, now I just get used because it is different from that used in the gym
              Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Anxa29 View Post
                Hi and happy new year! I write because i want to see you my speed bag platform that I ato-built and the speed bag choose according to your advice. The speed is very good (I bought both swivel) and the noise is lower, even if the neighbor doesn't like! The vibrations are absent and this makes the scroll very good speed bag, now I just get used because it is different from that used in the gym
                Looks like a nice unit. As long as it feels good to you and you enjoy using it - that is what counts.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2007

Hi!

Another tip for getting more pace out of your speed bag is to inflate it just that little bit extra. One of the big draw backs to this is that it will take it out on your fists, because you've made the bag harder.
                  sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...