• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gattigo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2022

Mick Fabar? Guiness World Record?

Why do I keep seeing this guy having the record for doing 447 hits in 1 minute on a speedbag? Anyone have more info on this? Is he hitting it traditionally, 1 hit per 3 rebounds or is he fist rolling? I

​​​
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

I have seen videos of the Australian bag punching for Guiness in the past. All of the contestants use fist rolling, no triplet punching, don't think that it's allowed.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Gattigo View Post
      Why do I keep seeing this guy having the record for doing 447 hits in 1 minute on a speedbag? Anyone have more info on this? Is he hitting it traditionally, 1 hit per 3 rebounds or is he fist rolling? I ​​​
      ​

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      I have seen videos of the Australian bag punching for Guinness in the past. All of the contestants use fist rolling, no triplet punching, don't think that it's allowed.
      The Guinness record attempts that I am aware of all used triplet rhythm punching and not fist rolling. The first one official record I know of was set by Heather Wellard in in 2014. the UK was

Then Frank Duncan set it a few years later. He brought his GBWR plaque to the gathering in 2015 o 2016. All Triplet Rhythm.

than there is this guy's self proclaimed world record of 1000 rebounds in 67 seconds, hitting Triplet Rhythm (very fast)

World record #speedbag #fitness #fit #healthy #hardwork #gym #inspiration #fitspiration #dedicated #motivation #instagood #progress #life #workout #fitfam #b...

AS for Fist Rolling at 447 PPM - that won't even win a medal at that gathering. Current record is well over 600 ppm. that's over 10 punches per second. 7 or 8 baggers can hit 500 on multiple attempts.

Last edited by Speedbag; 11-10-2023, 08:56 AM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Thanks Alan, I've tried to pull up the Australian video and apparently it has been pulled.The event might have been a non Guinness event

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Thanks Alan, I've tried to pull up the Australian video and apparently it has been pulled. The event might have been a non Guinness event

I know of at least 5 legitimate GBWR speed bag marathon record events - and all of them required the same triple rhythm. 50minutes punching, 10 minute break. All has to be recorded and have detailed records kept. Heather actually called me on the phone during her event. I had sent her a speed demon to use as well a few autographed bags.

( note the speed demon digital counter on her swivel. This was not required but we thought it would be cool to use and it was not a violation of the equipment since it did not impede or help the physical skill. )

Heather Gullick finally got her Guinness World Record recognised for hitting a speedball (speedbag) for 30 hours (and 15 minutes!), 18-19 January 2014 in Cro...

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...