Someone should 3D print shorter hooks for Everlast Professional Swivel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gattigo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2022

Someone should 3D print shorter hooks for Everlast Professional Swivel.

The ones that use a cotter pin. The hook is just too long in my opinion. Id buy a few if they were shorter. Still able to use the cotter pin, just a much shorter hook for more speed.
    Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Maybe something like these?https://www.mcmaster.com/products/ch.../type~shackle/

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Good call. They use shackles like that at my gym because (we're stuck with non ball hook swivels) and the hooks constantly go missing.

Most 3D printed parts I've worked with are not very durable. I'm sure there's a way to print a metal one, but I'll bet that's a pricey piece of equipment to make that.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Gattigo View Post
        The ones that use a cotter pin. The hook is just too long in my opinion. Id buy a few if they were shorter. Still able to use the cotter pin, just a much shorter hook for more speed.
        3-D plastic probably not the answer, but I guarantee that some company somewhere has what you’re looking for and has D or U shackles in a varied degree of metals and strengths.
        these Everlast u bolt swivels break down pretty easily, what you want to look for is a u bolt swivel with sealed bearings where the pin slides through, just my opinion.
        less friction = more speed
        friction also causing heat, plastic which usually melts around 500 degrees but is moulded at 100 degrees cannot with stand the heat, so to speak, of heavy bagging
        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Gattigo
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2022

Awesome. Does anyone know.what size works with the Everlast swivel through that McMaster site?

Comment

• Gattigo
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2022

None of them from that site will work with he Everlast swivel. The pin is 1/4in that fits the swivel and the widest the shackles go is a 1/2 wide at that pin size. Needs to be over an inch width inside the shackle to go over the swivel.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...